E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Trusted Shop in SoCal area

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by jcantanixon
I edited my post above to be clearer. Buying a new part with a fixed cost and marking it up 5X list is a ripoff. Used parts, by nature, vary in price based on the supplier. Did the shop that installed it give you any sort of warranty on the part?

The whole experience was bullshit. When he called he told me "it was very hard to find the part, but he pulled some strings and got me one for $950" - thing was I found several while I was on the phone with him, so either he was lying or they haven't discovered the internet in Inglewood

I guess if you're a masochist or truly enjoy anal rape they are a great shop, otherwise there are better options
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done. I'm still standing by my hope that they weren't trying to intentionally rip you off. They did a pre-purchase inspection for me, squeezing me in and staying late, then refused to let me pay them for their time. I'll pricecheck them in the future, thanks to your info.

BTW..thanks also for the getbmwparts suggestion. I'm still new to this game, so every source is a welcome one. FYI - It doesn't look like getbmwparts sells the reman CCC anymore. Or at least I couldn't find it when I looked.

Naigivation Components

You meant Hawthorne. Inglewood is further North.

edit: Looks like you got your unit from Bavarian, in Rancho Cordova (outside of Sac). They've been a great source of used BMW parts forever, I remember calling them for stuff back in the 90s, so it's nice to see they're still around and are doing well. I had forgotten about them entirely, so thanks for the reminder!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Yup, I did get my CCC from Bavrian Auto Recycling in NorCal. They even offered even longer warranties for an additional charge, I only took mine to 1 yr because I figured the first one last 5 years - why not?
Also, getbmwparts may not sell them anymore, the CCC stopped being made in 2009 (with the widespread release of the CIC unit) so even when I was looking only remanufactured units were available, today? My have to stick to used. They do have a member here, however, that could provide a definitive answer as to the availability of a reman unit: Evan@Tischer is his member name.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Guz
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all recommendations. I never though that I will need a shop this quick...I spotted a slight oil mark coming near the valve cover. When I start looking where is coming found that I have a broken bolt.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guz
Thanks for all recommendations. I never though that I will need a shop this quick...I spotted a slight oil mark coming near the valve cover. When I start looking where is coming found that I have a broken bolt.
Pm member Healthservices, he will definitely take care of you. Lb