E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trusted Shop in SoCal area

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Guz
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello folks,

I recently move to SoCal area and now that my guaranty expired I need to start looking for a good and trusted shop to take care my car and future mods.

Any recomendations will be appreciated...
Old 05-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Welcome to the neighborhood Bro, for Mods - without question hit up Trinity Autosport (members here: Nerweezy and TrinityAutosport) they are local and they are great. For maintenance and repair work, contact member Healthservices he is a really good and reasonable mechanic
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

I agree for MODs go to Trinity Autosport for any install check out Tony at Evasive Motorsport in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 X5 4.4i Sport 2004 545i 6-Speed

Top end motorwerks in costa Mesa (near John Wayne) is great. Run by two really trustworthy guys sick of dealer BS. Very clean, new shop. Beautiful.

They work on European, but specifically BMW.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Members

Did this thread get edited? I could've sworn I saw some other replies with suggestions.

edit: I'm guessing that any post that mentions a non-sponsor was deleted. If you're interested in a recommended shop in the South Bay, LMK.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jcantanixon
Did this thread get edited? I could've sworn I saw some other replies with suggestions.

Anyway, I recommend the guys at Southbay Autohaus, off the 405 and Rosecrans.

I would never recommend Soutbay again, they tried to rip me off when I needed my CCC system replaced. He claimed he could get me a "deal" that no one could beat - a used CCC unit for $950 + labor. I got one for $620 and paid $300 to get it, the AUX cable AND a new TCU installed. Fucker from Southbay even kept my NAV disc
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
I would never recommend Soutbay again, they tried to rip me off when I needed my CCC system replaced. He claimed he could get me a "deal" that no one could beat - a used CCC unit for $950 + labor. I got one for $620 and paid $300 to get it, the AUX cable AND a new TCU installed. Fucker from Southbay even kept my NAV disc
Well done finding a better price, but I don't see how they tried to rip you off unless they quoted you twice the price to install it. Used parts prices aren't set. What if he was being quoted $900 for it and only marking it up $50? Is that still ripping you off?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Well done finding a better price, but I don't see how they tried to rip you off.
Offering me a "deal" at over $300 more isn't a ripoff? Please tell me what is then.

I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night. Go to getbmwparts.com a reman CCC unit is ~$680, so their assertion that I couldn't find a better deal than $950 was bullshit, and I don't deal with liars
Old 06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Offering me a "deal" at over $300 more isn't a ripoff? Please tell me what is then.
I edited my post above to be clearer. Buying a new part with a fixed cost and marking it up 5X list is a ripoff. Used parts, by nature, vary in price based on the supplier. Did the shop that installed it give you any sort of warranty on the part?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Contributors

I edited my post above to be clearer. Buying a new part with a fixed cost and marking it up 5X list is a ripoff. Used parts, by nature, vary in price based on the supplier. Did the shop that installed it give you any sort of warranty on the part?
Yup, 1yr on labor, 1yr on the part from the source.

Quick Reply: Trusted Shop in SoCal area