E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Trunk Lid

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The E39 trunk opener worked flawlessly with the key buttons. You gotta wonder how a function that's been in place for years and years gets "modified" to where we all have to spend days finessing the key to figure out how to "properly" push a button.

Maybe we can put together a "Trunk Opening Training Video" and release it on DVD, or hold seminars!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Contributors

My car does not have the same problem. I press the trunk button and it opens smoothly
Old 08-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

I think I'm going to grab a bottle of Crown Royal; go out in the garage tonight; and practice trunk opening until I get it right.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Yes I apologize. It is when I release the button. You can here it energize or de-energize and then I relaease the button.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Aug 27 2004, 05:45 PM
Yes I apologize. It is when I release the button. You can here it energize or de-energize and then I relaease the button.
No problem over here too. I find it great the alarm stays on if I open and close it while not opening the doors.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

I think evenflo545 has it dead right!!!!!!!!!!!

Go out with a bottle of something and practice 'til you get it right!!!!!!! For me, the 1.5 seconds, then let go allows the lid to pop open after I let the button go like many have said.

There oughta be a chapter on this in the manual!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

It may be me but with version 12.?.? update the trunk opens quicker (I used to do the JDN 1 one thousand trick)..or maybe it's the crown royal (just kidding, how do you drink that stuff?)
Old 08-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

It's great to hear others getting the "normal" explanation from the dealer for stupid stuff they can't figure out.

Next time a dealer says something is normal, ask them to prove it statistically.
I find its a method to get you to stop bugging them for stuff they don't want to fix.

If you have one key that opens the trunk fine and the other one doesn't, ask them to replace it under warranty.

Right now, my electronic thermostat "ticks" quite loudly when operating, making my ride sound old and thrashed. I was told this was "normal" even though every E60 I've heard runs quietly.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Aug 27 2004, 08:24 PM
It's great to hear others getting the "normal" explanation from the dealer for stupid stuff they can't figure out.

Next time a dealer says something is normal, ask them to prove it statistically.
I find its a method to get you to stop bugging them for stuff they don't want to fix.

If you have one key that opens the trunk fine and the other one doesn't, ask them to replace it under warranty.

Right now, my electronic thermostat "ticks" quite loudly when operating, making my ride sound old and thrashed. I was told this was "normal" even though every E60 I've heard runs quietly.
Oh, believe me, I know it's a line. I was tired of fighting. It was one of the 18 things my car was in for, but there were much more major things I was trying to get them to focus on. I was more concerned with getting my transmission working properly and the A/C back working and getting the car back, since they refused to give us a loaner. The trunk, while exasperating, completely annoying, and often embarassing if you are in a parking lot or with other people, is something I can cope with. There is NO reason for it to work one way on one key and other way on the other key.

Our 530 is pin-drop quiet. Good luck with your thermostat! Since I haven't been able to get anywhere with anyone, I don't have any advice for you. BMW isn't nearly as easy to deal with as I'd hoped.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Titanium Silver/Gray, Poplar----Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Audio, Heated Rear Seats

I have to hold the button down for pehaps a second. Once the button has been depressed for the required duration, the release mechanism can be heard as it activates.

Quick Reply: Trunk Lid