E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Traded the 545i for a Hyundai Sonata

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 05:57 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='May 25 2005, 03:33 PM
Why do small town dealerships always suck?
[snapback]133158[/snapback]
It's not limited to small towns. Try Sandy Sansom BMW in Pensacola. I had the best treatment there than any of my experiences with BMW dealers. The maintenance supervisor is an achiever. Comes in an hour before the doors open to get his business in order.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

Hello fellow Tally man!

I don't dare take my car to "Crapital" my ex had 328 conv and had a problem with every service. It was always just the result of poor service and no attention to detail. They seem to have a bad reputation from most of their customers, although one of my colleagues thinks they are great-of course he takes 3 cars in for service and 2 were bought there new. They still seem to suck even after being sold. I picked up my 530 in December from Sandy Sansing in Pensacola. They have been great, just too far away.

Tom Bush is excellent if you get over to Jax. I spend a few days a month there. No Saturday hours though. My aux input was their first and it didn't come out right at first but they were more than willing. I was so anxious to get it that I actually called Crapital-twice over 2 weeks-they wouldn't even call me back!

I'm currently waiting on call from Tom Bush service advisor about my door seals. I have silicon remover and carbaflo that Sandy Sansing gave me but it doesn't last.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Hey what's up? What color car do you have? I see one on Tennesee st. w/ some 19" wheels that's silver or light blue? There's not that many new 5s in town yet (thankfully).

Can you give a better description on where the pins are supposed to go in the aux? I had no idea about that until I saw your post.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='May 25 2005, 07:42 AM
Don't forget to feed the hamsters under the hood.? All that running makes them hungry!
[snapback]133037[/snapback]
are you sure?
it's the kia sorrento that has hamsters.
the sonata has an inline lemur under the hood.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

MINE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. SPECIAL NOW THE WEATHER IS GETTING WARMER. THE DOOR IS MAKING CREAKING NOISES AND LOUDER THAN EVER. IT'S KIND OF EMBARASSING WHEN YOU HAVE SOME PASSENGER ON THE CAR.
HAD MY SOFTWARE UPGRADED 2 WEEKS AGO AND NOW MY IDRIVE IS COMPLETLY CRASHED (KEEP RESETTING BETWEEN BLACK SCREEN AND BMW LOGO), WILL BE TAKING THE CAR BACK TO DEALER NEXT WEDNESDAY.

Originally Posted by Busta' date='May 25 2005, 08:26 PM
At least the Sonata does not CREAK!!!!!!

Mine's at the dealer now trying to resolve that annoying door seals creaking, along with a software update.
[snapback]133235[/snapback]
Old 05-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

Silver Grey Metallic w/Huper Optic 30 and rear reflectors. I believe I saw a black 545 with reflectors on Thomasville a few weeks ago, guessing maybe you?

Sorry, someone did post some instructions months ago on changes needed for pinout since instructions used to be wrong. Not sure if they still are, I haven't followed the subject in some time. So many hundreds of posts on the adapter I have not had much luck finding the one with the details-sorry.

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='May 27 2005, 04:09 PM
Hey what's up?? What color car do you have?? I see one on Tennesee st. w/ some 19" wheels that's silver or light blue?? There's not that many new 5s in town yet (thankfully).

Can you give a better description on where the pins are supposed to go in the aux?? I had no idea about that until I saw your post.
[snapback]133834[/snapback]
Old 05-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Terry, that could have been me. Mine is jet black 545i w/ factory spoiler, but no rear reflectors.

I just happened to be in Thomasville last week. Had to pass by there coming home from ATL where I picked her up.

As for the AUX, I think I got it figured out. I'll just tell them they'll have to disconnect the wires from the connector and place them in the connector that's already there.

C U around. If I see your car, I'll wave. I'm going to upgrade my rims soon, maybe some chromies w/ deep lips.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='May 25 2005, 01:33 PM
LOL, I'll try the e-brake thing @ night in an empty parking lot.? Tried it lots of times in Gran Turismo 4.?

Here's an update.? I knew the BMW service would suck ass here in Tallahassee, didn't expect any more.

This all came by phone so I forgot to ask a few things.

1.? No word on the leather seats.? Forgot to ask when on phone.. crap
2.? Aux input - can't be done according to the "master tech".? Not available for my car.? What BS..
3.? Door seals - they placed some carboflo or whatever bs.? No new seals.
4.? Specks on headlights (pits in lens of headlights) they said they will try to get me a replacement (both sets).
5.? The computer is still upgrading as we speak, so can't pick up car till tomorrow.
6.? Supposedly fixed.
7.? Said they'd replace the brackets.
8.? Complained about the Dunlops and they said they already ordered a set!? Best news I've heard so far.?

Why do small town dealerships always suck?
[snapback]133158[/snapback]
Hey....not all small town dealerships suck......mine's not perfect, but they do try!

The car seals comment is pure BS, BMW no longer approves the carboflo method..that's just pure laziness on your dealer's part.....I hate that!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:41 AM
khl
Members

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='May 25 2005, 08:26 AM
Did the swap this morning.? I wouldn't exactly call it a fair trade.?

HAHA j/k the dealer gave me a damn Sonata rental car since they didn't have any loaners available.

[snapback]133026[/snapback]
I had exactly the same experience a few months ago. I never need
to make appointments with my dealer and this would be the tradeoff.
Sonata is a 'soft-ride' (and quiet too) car although it's not as soft as Lexus.
When I made a sharp right turn I almost 'sunk' into my driver seat.
This is the moment I started to appreciate my ARS.

-khl