E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Three Pedals FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

My favorite driver of all times is still Ayrton Senna. RIP.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
It's actually a heal-two downshift! Hahahaha

I don't even know how I could misspell something that bad
But yea don't try it in traffic until you have it down....or you feet could get confused and ram into another car

I've been working on it for a while now and I can do it pretty well....just the rev match to 1st even at low speed is still iffy....

BTW, I can't stand people who don't rev match...my friend has been driving an E46 5spd for like 2-3 years now and he still can't shift for shit....he pops the clutch and THEN give's it gas....rev matching? Please. Everytime he does it there is a big clunk/thud and I'm just like "what the hell are you doing can't you feel you are raping your car??"

"What are you talking about? This is how I always drive..."

"I know!!"
Marc, I may actually be doing this wrong myself lol when I rev-match, I press the clutch and blip the throttle (usually at the same time with both feet), drop the clutch when revs are a little above where they should be for the speed and gear I'm in. What am I missing?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuoZeuSgEj4
Old 09-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
See, the way I do it, my foot is fully on the throttle exiting the turn, usually. Plus, E60's pedals aren't the same size/position - this allows (me, at least) to "tap" brakes with the right foot's left half, while keep the right half of my right foot on the gas. Once I learned how to modulate them accurately, I've found that it is much easier for me to do it this way.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Marc, I may actually be doing this wrong myself lol when I rev-match, I press the clutch and blip the throttle (usually at the same time with both feet), drop the clutch when revs are a little above where they should be for the speed and gear I'm in. What am I missing?
Well how high above where the revs should be? It's always better to over rev a bit than under rev...If you can match the RPMs within like 200-300 your in pretty good shape...by now I have gotten such a good feel for the car that I can heal-toe downshift within 100rpm without even watching the tach...today in traffic I did THE sweetest heal-toe ever! I was right lane going like 65, need to get to left lane fast...3 lanes...the car in the next lane was slower so I was breaking, heal-toe'd into 3rd while going into middle lane, then accelerated into the right lane....it was MOST ballin in nature.

DAMN! Looks likes he heal-toe-double-clutch-downshifted the second time!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Balla!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

See, the way I do it, my foot is fully on the throttle exiting the turn, usually. Plus, E60's pedals aren't the same size/position - this allows (me, at least) to "tap" brakes with the right foot's left half, while keep the right half of my right foot on the gas. Once I learned how to modulate them accurately, I've found that it is much easier for me to do it this way.
BTW, get yourself some nice driving shoes...usually I wear Piloti's but mine are worn out now... I am ordering a new set soon...but the Adidas Good Year shoes are really good too...a bit slimmer than the Piloti's

BTW, anyone who says heal-toe'ing is stupid and you only need it on the track is a douche nozzle who needs to learn how to drive... just sayin
Old 09-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Contributors

BTW, anyone who says heal-toe'ing is stupid and you only need it on the track is a douche nozzle who needs to learn how to drive... just sayin
Lol
Old 09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Contributors

Well how high above where the revs should be? It's always better to over rev a bit than under rev...If you can match the RPMs within like 200-300 your in pretty good shape...by now I have gotten such a good feel for the car that I can heal-toe downshift within 100rpm without even watching the tach...today in traffic I did THE sweetest heal-toe ever! I was right lane going like 65, need to get to left lane fast...3 lanes...the car in the next lane was slower so I was breaking, heal-toe'd into 3rd while going into middle lane, then accelerated into the right lane....it was MOST ballin in nature.

DAMN! Looks likes he heal-toe-double-clutch-downshifted the second time!
Double clutching - is it still a useful technique or is it something that is completely unnecessary? I never do it. Never ever. I've thought that on the latest trannies, you don't need to double clutch and syncros basically do it for you.

As for your traffic antics, I'm not a fan of the word "ballin" and anything that goes with it, generally - reminds me of Mini V

Balla!
LOL

BTW, get yourself some nice driving shoes...usually I wear Piloti's but mine are worn out now... I am ordering a new set soon...but the Adidas Good Year shoes are really good too...a bit slimmer than the Piloti's

I've been thinking about a nice set of driving shoes for years now. Reason I've never pulled the trigger - I find it most comfortable to drive in my low-top AF-1's or my gym Nikes. I know, I know - far from an optimal driving shoe, but hey, they are ballin I have a pair of Pumas (don't ask), which resemble driving shoes a little and I hate driving in them - they are too edgy and nervous, I don't like that at all.

LOL on the "douche nozzle" - have you been flipping through the urban dictionary or what?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Contributors

Double clutching - is it still a useful technique or is it something that is completely unnecessary? I never do it. Never ever. I've thought that on the latest trannies, you don't need to double clutch and syncros basically do it for you.

As for your traffic antics, I'm not a fan of the word "ballin" and anything that goes with it, generally - reminds me of Mini V
LOL, yea no real need for double clutching but DAMN it makes the downshifts smooth! Makes engaging the gate of the lower gear MUCH easier... I did it a couple time for shits but don't ever really do it...heal toe everyday though...

I've been thinking about a nice set of driving shoes for years now. Reason I've never pulled the trigger - I find it most comfortable to drive in my low-top AF-1's or my gym Nikes. I know, I know - far from an optimal driving shoe, but hey, they are ballin I have a pair of Pumas (don't ask), which resemble driving shoes a little and I hate driving in them - they are too edgy and nervous, I don't like that at all.

LOL on the "douche nozzle" - have you been flipping through the urban dictionary or what?
Yea the Pilotis are really good and they have a special sole which is fatter on the side of the right shoe only to make heal toe'ing much easier...same goes for me Adidas...both cost around $60-$80 and are well worth it...look really good too.

I saw the expression somewhere and have been using it ever since lmao its great haha

Quick Reply: Three Pedals FTW!