E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thought I was getting a software update

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

dah

Am I the only BMW owner that thinks dealer SA's are retards? No offense to any SA's on the board, but why won't an SA do what I ask for?

...background....check engine line came on a week or so ago...went through usual routine, checked gas cap and all the engine fluids that I could, no sevice information in iDrive....after three days it did not go away so I set up an appointment thinking it was an O2 sensor.

car was in to the dealer Wednesday (Had a 09 335 loaner to bomb around in ), asked to have check engine code checked and software updated to turn on the eyebrow lights. simple right? not exactly. check engine light was a bad thermostat....fixed under warranty....so far so good! Now the interesting part, SA phones me and tells me the eyebrows don't come on because the headlights were left on and the computer turned off non-essential lights to save power, and this is not a warranty item. huh? but, like a good doofus, he went on to explain that since the car was already in the shop they hooked up the battery charger and fixed the problem.

car was returned to me on thursday, guess what? still no eyebrows. fahhhhk

So now I have to phone the SA and not give him shit because he is not an idiot and it was my fault......oh well, I am getting a new summer tire set up today, one little drive reminds me why I put up will all the horse puckey
Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My SA is outstanding on all counts and is one of the important reasons while I'll stick with BMW. Seriously, in all dealings he never fails to exceed my expectations. With that noted ...

I always thought that if I DID have a bad SA or dealership, as if too often mentioned here in the forums, I would copy and print topics from here in the forums that illustrate multiple people having the same problems as I and what steps their dealers took to fix them. It's odd how much ignorance is out there.

BMW really should come up with a much improved database system that kept all of their dealerships on the same page in regard to service knowledge and quality. This genuinely seems to be something that continues to kick them in the butt. For example, I'm SO glad I don't live in NY. Those guys can't seem to find anyone who takes care of them properly!

The update needed to turn on the eyebrows has been beaten to death here. Before you return, do as I advise and take the information with you. In fact, do a search and you can even find the exact update number/version that provides the fix!

Good luck!