E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are these v13.1 changes new?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 15 2004, 07:11 AM
[quote name='jeffnin' date='Oct 15 2004, 04:07 AM']6.? Steptronic shifts in non-sport mode much improved...not as "clunky" as before.
[snapback]44966[/snapback]
The gearbox sets itself to your driving style. After an update that memory is deleted. If you maintain the same driving style it will go back to how it was..
[snapback]45078[/snapback]
[/quote]

I also noticed after 13.2 that my selector lever for the steptronic, the P remains lighted after the car is shut off and locked. Never noticed this before.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

Since there are so many changes after every software upgrade, perhaps BMW should start offering release notes

It's kind of funny that you can end up with a different car every couple of months. Not necessarily a bad thing, but very different from the other 5 BMW's that I have owned.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

YEs I see some of the same updates but I had 13. ro 13.2 ? not sure before i went in.
So i went in for maintenance plus to check the trasnmission that did not feel good to me from 1st gear to 2nd..some kind of hiccup. The things i noticed that got improved are:
1- The radio seems to sound better (maybe my imagination) I can hear the bass a bit more
2- RDS is avaialble in option of the radio stations (not sure if it was there before)
30 cd plays back were i left it

The only thing I did not like and need to check with the shop foreman is the reporgramming of the transmission (i think))..
Before : In sport mode transmission just to shift to 6 speed
Now : In sport mode the trasmissiono stays in Fifth gear ( WTF)

I llove driving in sport mode but now i'm forced to shift to D when in the highway need to check

to add, my car was all ready the day before yesterday, i went yesterday and while they were cleaning the car, the car went crazy (wipers going off, etc), they tried reprogramming the car but they said BMW was downloading an update to the I drive software so i got it today..and feels great to have my car back (with exception of the F*&% transmission modes)..
Old 10-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Contributors

Mibne normally doesn't go to sixt until 120MPH
Old 10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 15 2004, 02:41 PM
Mibne normally doesn't go to sixt until 120MPH
[snapback]45223[/snapback]
Wow, mine goes into 6th at about 50 MPH. Must be a slight difference between the D and I.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 14 2004, 04:17 PM
The names + numbers with the phone sounds very good.. I would love to have that!
[snapback]44857[/snapback]
Strange that you donot have that. My car is from the same month as yours and I have name and number from the beginning.

Too bad I only get one number per name (when there are more numbers per name in my Nokia, the SE T610 gives more numbers per name in iDrive).

So that's not a new item from version 13 I guess......
Old 10-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Members

A few more changes I noticed since having my car upgraded a few days ago:-

- when someone calls my BT phone and I dont answer I get a little phone icon appearing between the TP TMC and clock at the bottom of the I-Drive screen

- my BusNav screen has changed in so much as the arrow now moves to follow the direction of the road. If I was on a road for say 10 miles before, the arrow just used to point straight ahead until the next road junction command - now it moves from side to side as I go down the road indicating corners etc - kind of cool when driving in the dark or fog!
Old 10-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Members

Lightbulb

Did anyone have there antitrap function disabled on the back windows after the upgrade...as it is right now i cant "one touch" my back windows they will only roll down about 3 inches at a time i have to keep hitting the button...the service guy said it was glitch they found in the software and it probably wont be fixed until version 15 upgrade(when do the upgrades end)I havent seen anyone mention it so maybe theres a fix and the dealer hasnt told me yet.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Don Juan' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:38 PM
Before : In sport mode transmission just to shift to 6 speed
Now :? ? In sport mode the trasmissiono stays in Fifth gear ( WTF)
[snapback]45221[/snapback]
Mine doesn't shift to 6th gear. It's always been like that. It wouldn't be a "sport" mode if it did. I haven't gone 120mph to check out if it shifts then.