E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

are these v13.1 changes new?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put this in another post noone answered c'mon you lot

anyway I noticed something after my last s/w update to version 13.1 in the idrive radio/entertainment menus, I now have a new "option" under "Set" when listening to a station. If you click "Set" I have the usual "TP,RDS,Save,Tone,Scan" but I now seem to have another option called "Favourites" not sure if that was there before????, anyone know what it does?

I haven't looked in the manual yet so this could be RTFM

second thing i noticed is that in NAV the Altitude reading used to be in ft now its in yds if you change the units setting under "display settings" from mls to km the Altitude setting then displays in metres. what happened to my ft
Old 10-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Members

A few other oddities:-

- when radio turned off the radio station name is still displayed (basically the on-off button just mutes the radio)
- air con climate control icon (was at bottom left of I-Drive) has now gone
- bluetooth phone book shows names and phone numbers (used to just show names)
- hourly chime now available

Sure there are others but I have not found them yet!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

The names + numbers with the phone sounds very good.. I would love to have that!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

That is hilarious about the 'yards' instead of 'feet'. Only someone who isn't familiar with English measurements would use that for Altitude! I hope they don't update my software with that one.

Another thing I noticed on mine (it has one of the version 12 software) is that when I turn off the car with a CD playing, upon restarting the car the CD can be heard spinning itself and starts by displaying CD-00 and then goes on to find the place on the track that I was listening to last to resume playing.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have the same.. I also noticed that my CD player sometimes keep playing when my car is off (without the sound). This results in starting up with the car and the CD in the dashslot being at the last number without giving me sound.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

Some other items that I have noticed from my recent upgrade to version 13.2:

1. Integrated non-bluetooth phone also displays both name and numbers now.
2. My single slot CD now starts back to the song that was playing 5 minutes before I shut off the car. Really wierd.
3. Prior to this upgrade, when CD #6 was finished, the system automatically switched to the single CD and played it. Now, when #6 is done, CD #1 in the changer plays. The only way to get the single CD to play is to select it manually from the iDrive (1 step forward, 2 steps back)
4. My active steering is much improved. Prior to the upgrade the steering was ultra-quick and almost too loose at low speeds. Now, it's less twitchy and a bit heavier feeling. Much improved, IMHO.
5. New icon in iDrive screen to indicate a missed call. Before, you had to open the console and look at the phone itself to see if any missed calls happened.
6. Steptronic shifts in non-sport mode much improved...not as "clunky" as before.
7. Better integration of Sirius radio in iDrive...easier to select categories, preferences, etc.
8. One downside is that the iDrive is slower to boot up when you start the car. I had version 12 before, and it seemed to be much quicker to boot then the original software on the car at delivery. :thumbsdown:
Old 10-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Senior Members

"6. Steptronic shifts in non-sport mode much improved...not as "clunky" as before."

I look forward to this.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Senior Members

6. Steptronic shifts in non-sport mode much improved...not as "clunky" as before.
Yes your right....only used DS for first time last night since s/w update and it is much better now, really gives a noticeable difference between D and DS
Old 10-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Oct 14 2004, 11:16 PM
Yes your right....only used DS for first time last night since s/w update and it is much better now, really gives a noticeable difference between D and DS
[snapback]45049[/snapback]
i really hope it helps. i'll take my car in tomorrow for s/w update.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jeffnin' date='Oct 15 2004, 04:07 AM
6.? Steptronic shifts in non-sport mode much improved...not as "clunky" as before.
[snapback]44966[/snapback]
The gearbox sets itself to your driving style. After an update that memory is deleted. If you maintain the same driving style it will go back to how it was..

Quick Reply: are these v13.1 changes new?