E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TCU replaced under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i MSport, Silver Grey, Step, 19" 172 Wheels, Media Pkg inc MP3, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Seats, Aux Port, Space Saver Wheel, M Rear Spoiler, Ext Voice System

I had intermittent SOS failure messages and my CD player would continue playing tracks even after it's been turned off (and the car was restarted after some time). Sent in the complaint to my local dealer and they replaced the TCU and updated the SW to the latest level(although the SA didn't tell me what version that was). Love the new look and the I-Drive seems to react faster. MP3 details are now shown in full - my previous version displayed less characters. I think the colours are better than the previous 'brown theme' I had. Best of all, I can pair my N91 (although cannot get the names into the address book) .

I had a 320d M Sport estate loaner - I was quite impressed with the torque. It also had auto stop/start feature for fuel economy and the SA didn't tell me about it so I had a bit of a surprise when it first happened! Got used to it fairly quickly and I like it - nice feature for sure. Wonder if it's something that I can get done for my 06 530i.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Members

Thumbs up

Do you know of a PUMA/Tech Advisory case or something to that effect put out by BMW? I'm having a similar problem where the SOS is failing and locks up the I-drive. It usually reboots after 12 minutes. The SOS crash has happen about 6 times in the last 3 months. -Noah
Originally Posted by simba' post='665391' date='Sep 9 2008, 05:37 PM
I had intermittent SOS failure messages and my CD player would continue playing tracks even after it's been turned off (and the car was restarted after some time). Sent in the complaint to my local dealer and they replaced the TCU and updated the SW to the latest level(although the SA didn't tell me what version that was). Love the new look and the I-Drive seems to react faster. MP3 details are now shown in full - my previous version displayed less characters. I think the colours are better than the previous 'brown theme' I had. Best of all, I can pair my N91 (although cannot get the names into the address book) .

I had a 320d M Sport estate loaner - I was quite impressed with the torque. It also had auto stop/start feature for fuel economy and the SA didn't tell me about it so I had a bit of a surprise when it first happened! Got used to it fairly quickly and I like it - nice feature for sure. Wonder if it's something that I can get done for my 06 530i.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i MSport, Silver Grey, Step, 19" 172 Wheels, Media Pkg inc MP3, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Seats, Aux Port, Space Saver Wheel, M Rear Spoiler, Ext Voice System

Hi Noah, I came across the following attached docs at http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63-bmw-m...em-failure.html

Hope this is useful.

If you're still under warranty you shouldn't have too much of a problem to get it fixed.

I snapped the SOS failure message with my camera phone when it came on in my car just to show it to the dealer as proof, which helped I guess.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SIB_841607.pdf (64.7 KB, 164 views)
File Type: pdf
SIB_841707.pdf (72.2 KB, 181 views)