E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Taking the Plunge on the M 535"

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by DTD' post='1032705' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:51 PM
Thank guys Good stuff.
Best of luck on the lease. The car you are looking at is a beauty equipped as you intend to get it.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Going to make a deal for a Head-up Display and Comfort Access keyless entry along with: Premium hi-fi system, Natural Brown Dakota Leather interior and Pentan Aluminum trim. Do you guys feel the Natural Brown Dakota Leather is a resilient as the Dakota Black leather? Thanks

Originally Posted by DTD' post='1032630' date='Oct 14 2009, 09:46 PM
"HUD and Comfort Access"? What are these? Thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by DTD' post='1032611' date='Oct 14 2009, 06:25 PM
I am taking the plunge with a Carbon Black 535 M Sport Package with Black leather interior, Cold Weather, Premium and Value Packages, 18" staggered 166 wheels, all appointed "M" markings, Paddles, Bamboo Wood trim, Areo kit, Super deluxe Multi Contour seats (this includes at the waist auto squeeze supports at a push of a button), Sports auto tranny, New Nav., HD radio, and well the dealer is throwing in M floor mats and the In tire Wheel and Tire 5 year insurance plan, I am debadging and thinking of putting an M on the tail. Base is 51,000 and total cost is 60K. I am going to do the lease at 524.00 for three years and was told I can do .09% if I want to buy it after 3 years and negotiate the CPO then. I thought this might be better than the other Select Buy Plan BMW has for 588.00 for 5 years and have a residual of 17,000. What do you think? :-) Do you think? Is the Lease Plan the best to do? Moving up from a 530 xi. I would like to post the sticker here, but my computer doesn't seem to be able to send Pictures? I tried many times and asked the forum leaders for advise, but still no avail? I can send via email thou. Also I how do you get to play DVDs like Kzang has done? My dealer said I could not play dvds? Thank you all for for the great support. Need to see if this is a fair deal? Hope you might help here. Thanks Dan / DTD
Congrats on what sounds to be a beautiful car!! And as for the "M on the tail"Don't do it!!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

DO NOT PUT THAT MUCH DOWN! Knock on wood ur car gets totaled, there goes ur $17K. There's always GAP insurance. If you want lower monthly payments, open a SEPARATE online savings account that yields some kind of interest and put the down payment in the savings account. Yes I know interest sucks nowadays but you can also invest with the cash you use to put down IF you want. The simple way is to put that cash into a higher yield online savings account such as HSBC. Have the funds pull right out of the savings account per month.

Example using easy imaginary numbers:

Monthly payment with $10K down - $550
Monthly payment with $0 down - $800

Do the $0 down. Deposit $10K into your new savings account called Car Payment Savings. Each month, deposit $560 into your Car Payment Savings. Funds will be pulled from your savings account to your bank you finance with. Yes your payments may be slightly higher but what is a few bucks a month rather than risking $10K??? That's like buying insurance for yourself. Make sure u open a separate savings account so you don't spend it and can keep track of your payments easily.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:08 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

I Like it! Super stuff here! Whats your feeling for the Natural Brown Dakota Leather? Is it as resilient as the Dakota Black leather? Thanks

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1032877' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:41 AM
DO NOT PUT THAT MUCH DOWN! Knock on wood ur car gets totaled, there goes ur $17K. There's always GAP insurance. If you want lower monthly payments, open a SEPARATE online savings account that yields some kind of interest and put the down payment in the savings account. Yes I know interest sucks nowadays but you can also invest with the cash you use to put down IF you want. The simple way is to put that cash into a higher yield online savings account such as HSBC. Have the funds pull right out of the savings account per month.

Do the $0 down. Deposit $10K into your new savings account called Car Payment Savings. Each month, deposit $560 into your Car Payment Savings. Funds will be pulled from your savings account to your bank you finance with. Yes your payments may be slightly higher but what is a few bucks a month rather than risking $10K??? That's like buying insurance for yourself. Make sure u open a separate savings account so you don't spend it and can keep track of your payments easily.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i like black leather personally.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DTD' post='1032883' date='Oct 15 2009, 02:08 AM
I Like it! Super stuff here! Whats your feeling for the Natural Brown Dakota Leather? Is it as resilient as the Dakota Black leather? Thanks
My 540 had black leather. My Carbon Black 550 has Natural Brown. I like the natural brown much better. Interior is much cooler in the summer with natural brown and natural brown does not show dirt as much as creme beige.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

1. I like the black leather myself for practical reasons.

2. I know of a certain member giving up a lease on a super-excellent 550 M sport - might be worth it to consider... I'm just saying...
Old 10-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1032877' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:41 AM

Another excellent way to reduce your monthly payments if you have extra cash and want to put it to work without risking it is to put down multiple security deposits (MSDs) on your lease with BMWFS. These are refundable to you at the end of your lease. Each MSD is one monthly payment and BMWFS let's you put down as many as seven. The kicker: each MSD reduces your monthly payment because it lowers the money factor on your lease. This is an excellent option that few BMW leasees take advantage of because they don't know that this is available. And few dealers discuss it.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Members

I saw a 535i with hte M sport badge yesterday and said what the heck is a M badge doing on a 535i.
Talk about model dilution !
And now rumors the new M5 is going to be a turbocharged V8
oh the humanity !

Quick Reply: "Taking the Plunge on the M 535"