E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Taking the Plunge on the M 535"

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

By the way, I notice that you put a lot of money down. Unless you're trying to lower the monthly payment, it wouldn't be a good idea to put that much money upfront when you lease.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DTD' post='1032630' date='Oct 14 2009, 09:46 PM
"HUD and Comfort Access"? What are these? Thanks

Any dealer will have you by the short and curlies if you walk in TOTALLY CLUELESS ... If you're really thinking about buying this or any BMW (CAR) spend some time getting educated.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/byo...SCKiFG4BAuKEf4=

After you learn more about the car and it's features / options ... I urge you to search for info about leasing and the perils and pitfalls BEFORE you sit down with the Finance Manager at the dealership.

It pays to be an informed consumer! The alternative is to be a disappointed, sad, buyer.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Contributors

BAN if you put the M badge on!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1032644' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:05 PM

Any dealer will have you by the short and curlies if you walk in TOTALLY CLUELESS ... If you're really thinking about buying this or any BMW (CAR) spend some time getting educated.

After you learn more about the car and it's features / options ... I urge you to search for info about leasing and the perils and pitfalls BEFORE you sit down with the Finance Manager at the dealership.

It pays to be an informed consumer! The alternative is to be a disappointed, sad, buyer.
Good advice
Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1032644' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:05 PM

+1 on all that.

The OP didn't say what year, but I assume new, 2010.

I think the forum has the confidential dealer numbers posted somewhere. If not, then it's on the "other" board.

Get that, read it, know it. That's the only way you'll be able to negotiate when you walk in.

Unless you have a friend at BMW NA, chances are slim that you'll get those numbers, but you can get close.

What it the interest rate if you buy outright? Given the low rates for EVERYTHING right now, I would put as little as I can down, and stretch out the payments... assuming you are planning on keeping the car for 8-10 years, like I do. Basically like paying cash in this environment. Payments will be higher by less down, but if you couldn't pay cash in the first place, you really can't afford it anyway. (That's not a dig, but just smart finance).

GL.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:22 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Right they are 135 wheels! Got me! Whops!

[quote name='zen68' date='Oct 14 2009, 09:56 PM' post='1032638']
166 wheels are available on 18" now?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by DTD' post='1032611' date='Oct 14 2009, 09:25 PM
I am taking the plunge with a Carbon Black 535 M Sport Package with Black leather interior, Cold Weather, Premium and Value Packages, 18" staggered 166 wheels, all appointed "M" markings, Paddles, Bamboo Wood trim, Areo kit, Super deluxe Multi Contour seats (this includes at the waist auto squeeze supports at a push of a button), Sports auto tranny, New Nav., HD radio, and well the dealer is throwing in M floor mats and the In tire Wheel and Tire 5 year insurance plan, I am debadging and thinking of putting an M on the tail. Base is 51,000 and total cost is 60K. I am going to do the lease at 524.00 for three years and was told I can do .09% if I want to buy it after 3 years and negotiate the CPO then. I thought this might be better than the other Select Buy Plan BMW has for 588.00 for 5 years and have a residual of 17,000. What do you think? :-) Do you think? Is the Lease Plan the best to do? Moving up from a 530 xi. I would like to post the sticker here, but my computer doesn't seem to be able to send Pictures? I tried many times and asked the forum leaders for advise, but still no avail? I can send via email thou. Also I how do you get to play DVDs like Kzang has done? My dealer said I could not play dvds? Thank you all for for the great support. Need to see if this is a fair deal? Hope you might help here. Thanks Dan / DTD
Please please please do not put one penny into a downpayment on your lease. If your car is totaled or stolen, the money is lost. Dealers often encourage big downpayments on leases to conceal how had a deal you are getting.

To figure out if you are getting a good deal or not, demand that the delaer put in writing for you to evaluate: (1)the MSRP if the car with all of the options; (2) the selling price of the car (total capitalized cost of the lease); (3) the money factor of the lease; and (4) the residual value.

Please be aware that BMWFS allows dealers to mark up the money factor and acquisition fee but not the residual.

If you want the base money factor and residual I can get those for you.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:27 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Originally Posted by ADD' post='1032652' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:14 PM
+1 on all that.

The OP didn't say what year, but I assume new, 2010.

I think the forum has the confidential dealer numbers posted somewhere. If not, then it's on the "other" board.

Get that, read it, know it. That's the only way you'll be able to negotiate when you walk in.

Unless you have a friend at BMW NA, chances are slim that you'll get those numbers, but you can get close.

What it the interest rate if you buy outright? 2.9% Rate as of the 1st of October

Given the low rates for EVERYTHING right now, I would put as little as I can down, and stretch out the payments... assuming you are planning on keeping the car for 8-10 years, like I do. The SELECT plan I worked out with them is 15 k down and 580.00 per month for 5 years and a residual at end of 17k. Thanks

Basically like paying cash in this environment. Payments will be higher by less down, but if you couldn't pay cash in the first place, you really can't afford it anyway. (That's not a dig, but just smart finance).

GL.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:35 PM
DTD
Senior Members

I wonder if I can tell them to up grade for the Comfort Access Key Entry? Think thats possible for a 535 on the lot? Thanks

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1032620' date='Oct 14 2009, 09:35 PM
The two additional options I've grown to like are HUD and Comfort access ... they'd add $2200 to the MSRP. I haven't run the numbers you quoted but BMW dealers are heavily incented to sell or lease cars. Good luck with your dealing.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:51 PM
DTD
Senior Members

Thank guys Good stuff.

Quick Reply: "Taking the Plunge on the M 535"