E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

suprised this morning but a fellow e60 driver...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Jul 24 2005, 05:35 PM
Most everyone I see driving E60s are 40+ year old ladies or men....? so I guess the courtesy goes out the window with age.

Or maybe old people just don't care enough to look around them and notice other people's cars?

[snapback]152614[/snapback]
Careful now! There are many of us here who fall into that 40+ category...
Old 07-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport; sapphire black metallic; comfort; nav; sirius; split-folding rear; auto

Funny - here in NYC if you nod at another driver they'll think you are nuts no matter what age they or you are and will ignore you unless they think you are trying to tell them their trunk is open or something. Guess most American venues are friendlier than the Big Apple. Although when I first got my 545i I pulled into a garage and a 525i pulled up behind me and the owner struck up a conversation with me about the car and iDrive. Go figure.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jul 24 2005, 08:53 PM
[quote name='subterFUSE' date='Jul 24 2005, 07:35 PM']
That can be it tooo... he wanted to be the only person on the face of the planet with a 545 thinkign they were rare... so he got pissed when he saw another one.
This is the most likely scenario.

I rarely see another 545 on the road.... but even when I see lesser E60s, I still smile and nod. But I've never once gotten a smile or nod back, from anyone.

Most everyone I see driving E60s are 40+ year old ladies or men.... so I guess the courtesy goes out the window with age.

Or maybe old people just don't care enough to look around them and notice other people's cars?

There is this one guy who I see every so often that has a 545.... and I always laugh at him because he's one of those people who always wears his Bluetooth headset everywhere he goes. He even wears it in his 545... I want to smack him and say "Your car has bluetooth, man... lose the stupid earpiece."
[snapback]152614[/snapback]
Yea, I've noticed near 100% of the 6ers I see with people with a phone up to their ear. They can't all be pre-03/04 builds.

I give every E6xer a thumbs up bit rarely, if ever get a response. Although I did get a nod from an E90 the other day. He came up from my rear and I was certain it was a 5er until along side. Looked cool especially in its Black color.
[snapback]152639[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I notice a disproportionate number of 645i drivers with phones on their ears... I always chalked it up to non-BT phones. Figure a certain percentage of successful people live and die by their phone and need it to perform the task of taking calls well. They may get attached to certain ones and not want to risk getting one they can't live with just to add something like BT.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Members

Should always be worth at least a nod of the head, if not a fast word or two.Never know, could have been a HOT car (I don't mean fast). Better check my garage.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Here's the *REAL* story:
The guy was on his way to wash his Girlfriend's car....
She told him to "Clean it up and it better be clean by the time I see the car again..."

This was one of the very few opportunities for him to drive such a car, and then it was back to his little miata....

If I offended anyone, too bad. I'm over 40 and still have a sense of humor!
-Tony
Old 07-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Members

aww nobody waves or nods at me when i'm driving and i see lots of 5 series out here in orange county!! =(
Old 07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

He where high
Old 07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Careful now! There are many of us here who fall into that 40+ category...

Old 07-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Contributors

"...There is this one guy who I see every so often that has a 545.... and I always laugh at him because he's one of those people who always wears his Bluetooth headset everywhere he goes. He even wears it in his 545... I want to smack him and say "Your car has bluetooth, man... lose the stupid earpiece...."

man that's funny!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [b][i]08 E-60 535i TT[/i][/b], 07/07 Production Date, Space Grey w/Blk Dakota interior, SA Tranny w/Pad Shift, Sport Pkg, Prem Pkg, NAV, PDC, IPOD, 30% Lumar tint front, 20% Lumar tint rear. 20" EXE "Konkourse" machined polished aluminum alloy wheels, 20x9 front, 20x10.5 rear, riding on Toyo Proxes 4's -255/30/20 front & 295/25/20 rear. [b]Gone but not forgotten![/b] - 04 E-60 545i Silver Gray w/gray dakota interior, Sprt Pkg, Prem Pkg, CW Pkg, HUD, NAV, Logic 7, PDC, Rear Shades.

I'm a newbie, but had similar experience about two weeks ago, driving through H.B., CA.

It was soooo ironic because our cars were almost identically set-up. We both had the same silver gray 545, aftermarket wheels and tires, although I had chrome to his polished silver, red reflectors, I could not make out his interior, but mine is gray dakota with athracite trim, we even had the same "whalestail" CA vanity plates, albeit with different wording. It was too weird almost twilight zone feeling. I finally caught up and was next to him at a stop light, looked over to acknowledge and compliment him, but he would not look in my direction. He was on his cell, but I know he had to have noticed my 545.

I was ready to pull over and spend time comparing notes on our machines but it was not to be. I'm still ga ga over how similar our 545's were set-up. BTW he was younger than I but I'm told I don't show my age, plus I'm still a HUGE car fanatic at age 52.

Quick Reply: suprised this morning but a fellow e60 driver...