E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sun

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun

New to forum! Just bought an '07 530i.

Looking for suggestions in dealing with the sun affecting my vision coming in at the top of the driver window. Dealer has suggested tinting all the windows to the 30% state regulated level. I would like to explore other ideas before adding the tinting.

Any suggestions please?

Rob
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 528
Model Year: 2009

UHM......Sunglasses
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 AM
New Members

A childish, unnecessary, ego driven response!

Originally Posted by l1tech
UHM......Sunglasses
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Other than sunglasses or tinting what are you expecting people to say? What kind of "ideas" are you thinking about? Btw, welcome!

Last edited by onetime; 11-11-2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typos
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 AM
New Members

Well, something other than "people should not drive cars they cannot afford." There are no monthly payments on this car.

I use polarized sunglasses. They don't eliminate the peripheral glare. I don't care for the gangster tints. Perhaps there are partial tints. Perhaps there are visor extensions. Are the window visors effective? I have never experienced this problem. All I am trying to get is good information to make one decision. Perhaps I joined the wrong forum.

Originally Posted by onetime
Other than sunglasses or tinting what are you expecting people to say?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Rob2444

Looking for suggestions in dealing with the sun affecting my vision coming in at the top of the driver window. Dealer has suggested tinting all the windows to the 30% state regulated level. I would like to explore other ideas before adding the tinting.

Any suggestions please?

Rob
Why not just swing the visor around to the door?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:42 AM
New Members

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually it doesn't extend far enough back to eliminate. I looked at the Weather Tec window visors but not sure that would block it either. Perhaps a tint on the top 3-4 inches of the side window(s) would do it. However, thank for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by jayarras
Why not just swing the visor around to the door?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by Rob2444
Well, something other than "people should not drive cars they cannot afford." There are no monthly payments on this car.

I use polarized sunglasses. They don't eliminate the peripheral glare. I don't care for the gangster tints. Perhaps there are partial tints. Perhaps there are visor extensions. Are the window visors effective? I have never experienced this problem. All I am trying to get is good information to make one decision. Perhaps I joined the wrong forum.
I am pretty sure the "dont drive cars you cant afford" thing is part of his signature... i get it, but really?

Aside from using the sun visor or investing in a good pair of sunglasses there isnt much you can do. Many states do not allow for windshield tinting. Check your laws and act accordingly - not many options here.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

had the same issue when I first got my car. My legs are long, so seat is all the way back. Unfortunately the sun visor doesn't cover the whole side window and doesn't extend. 35% ceramic tint fixed that problem...
Old 11-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 528
Model Year: 2009

Sorry that you took the statement in my signature personally however I stand by it . Realistically though if sunglasses don't do a good enough job for you than tinting the windows is the only viable option that you have. They make tint in different shades so you don't have to go "gangster dark" and 30% tint is not very dark at all, I have 5% on my rear windows and 15% on the front doors...that's dark. The outside wind visors would detract from the look of the car I think and only tinting the upper portion of the window would look even worse. I find it hard to believe that you haven't had this issue with any other car that you have owned/driven, what did you do in the past?

Quick Reply: Sun