E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestion for ballast

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys
i just installed a new hid kit in my 528i 2008 but wasnt really satisfied with the lighting.
Its a 6000k bulb for my low beams and fog lights. (turned out a lot more blue than white compared to my friends 6000k diamond white light)
I wanted a brighter and whiter light.
I saw reviews on the kit i got and people said the ballast is horrible and i only bought the kit because one of my friends suggested it and said it ran bright and white on his car.( when the Kit came in the mail, he says they were different from his..)

Here a link of what i have: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slim-HID-KIT...ht_5528wt_1090

So i decided to plug in my friends 55w ballast into my car and it made a big different. ( my ballast is a 35w and his ballast made it a lot brighter )

knowing this i gave a few question for you guys:

-Should i get a 35w or 55w ballast?
-i was thinking about buying one of these chunkier boxed ballast because i saw a review that if a ballast has a little nob in the middle and a hexagon crown by the wire is considered a higher quality ballast. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-REPLACEM...f98a3d&vxp=mtr

If you guys have any suggestion or ideas for me considering my lights, please leave a comment down here!
and yes i know all these ebay items have cheaper quality but im a student and can only wish to have mtec/lux bulbs or any other high priced lights in my car atm.
So for the time being, im going to just stick with ebay.

thanks for reading!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Xentec is kind of regarded as bottom of the barrel when it comes to HID kits. A lot of people say they have no problem with them, but on the flip side, you hear a lot of garbage reviews as well.

In any case, I think you think the hex connector ones are higher quality due to a Youtube video. I can't personally verify or deny that, but my suggestion to you is to purchase a reputable kit from John@Motorcepts or TheRetrofitSource.

I am a big fan of TRS's products. Most recently I installed a TRS kit for a F30's fogs, and I was completely surprised by how quickly they reached their full brightness -- it was literally 6 seconds or less. Super impressed.