E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storage Space

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

I'm really happy with my new car but am a little disappointed in the storage space for things like loose change,sunglasses etc. I used to have an M3 and it had more places to keep things than the E60 which I find surprising.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Yes, been discussed, the space in the E60 is rather weak. If you are not using the BMW phone in the cradle provided in the center console, have your dealer remove it for you. Provides a nice little bump in storage space. It's a bitch to get out, so I suggest letting the dealer do it, not really a DIY job.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

David, i see that you have pro nav. Pro nav looses you the strorage space in the center because the computer has 2nd dvd drive has to go there.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Dec 16 2004, 07:40 PM
David, i see that you have pro nav. Pro nav looses you the strorage space in the center because the computer has 2nd dvd drive has to go there.
[snapback]69687[/snapback]
Thnaks....I already thought it was a wast of space on the dash having the DVD drive there (how often does anyone use it!) and now I really do! The little shelf under the steering column is next to useless as it's too fiddly to put change there and dangerous to have anything that may fall amongst your feet whilse driving. On the 3 series it's a proper compartment with a door.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by David' date='Dec 16 2004, 03:32 PM
[quote name='E60525d' date='Dec 16 2004, 07:40 PM']David, i see that you have pro nav. Pro nav looses you the strorage space in the center because the computer has 2nd dvd drive has to go there.
[snapback]69687[/snapback]
Thnaks....I already thought it was a wast of space on the dash having the DVD drive there (how often does anyone use it!) and now I really do! The little shelf under the steering column is next to useless as it's too fiddly to put change there and dangerous to have anything that may fall amongst your feet whilse driving. On the 3 series it's a proper compartment with a door.
[snapback]69697[/snapback]
[/quote]

We don't even have "the little shelf" here in the States!!
Old 12-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have to creditcard size entry cards for the private carparks in there. It works rather handy.

I've seen people who put their cd's in their but I find it to look a bit messy when you do that..
Old 12-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Dec 17 2004, 12:03 AM
I've seen people who put their cd's in their but I find it to look a bit messy when you do that..
[snapback]69743[/snapback]
I've asked my passenegrs if they can see them, and they can't. When you are standing next to the car and look down you don't see them as well, so it's not messy at all.
BUT, if you accelerate hard, I mean real hard (and we all know that you have to do it sometimes... ) the CD's decide to fall out... But in normal driving and even with normal acceleration it's no problem.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

BTW, US spec cars don't seem to have that because they have knee airbags... I was told...
Old 12-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Okay you got me....
Old 12-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 16 2004, 06:09 PM
BTW, US spec cars don't seem to have that because they have knee airbags... I was told...
[snapback]69747[/snapback]
No knee airbags in the States, but I've heard that because we have less of a propensity to wear seat belts, there's more padding in that area of the lower dash. Now about disableing that seat belt warning chime . . .

Quick Reply: Storage Space