E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Still having problems with lock alert

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Okay I've searched around here with no answers. A few days ago my lock confirmation lights/beep stopped working. The doors lock like they should, it just doesn't flash or beep when I press the lock button on the remote. Some of you may not think this is a big deal since some of you don't like that feature, but to me it's a big PITA since I am so used to closing the door and as I am walking away pressing the button. Now I'm not sure if I actually locked the car unless I stop and make sure.

Anyway, I've tried everything. It actually started working properly again for about a day then it stopped again and hasn't worked since. I've gone into the car settings and the spots for flash and the spot for beep are both checked off, but they do not work. The car will flash and beep twice like it's supposed to when I unlock to door, just not when I lock it.

Now I've read only a couple of instances where this has happened, but no one ever gave a solution. I don't feel like going to the dealership if I don't have to. Does anyone have a reset that I can do, or is there something I can do in order to fix this little glitch. This is the only thing that is wrong with my car. it's such a minor thing, but at the same time it's a major thing to me. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

i assume you have tried unchecking both and leaving it off for a day or so and then going back and rechecking it?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='539845' date='Mar 5 2008, 12:16 AM
i assume you have tried unchecking both and leaving it off for a day or so and then going back and rechecking it?

Yes I tried that already. It's frustrating because it will work, then it doesn't...oh wait it's working again...wait it's not AGAIN!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='539954' date='Mar 5 2008, 10:42 AM
Yes I tried that already. It's frustrating because it will work, then it doesn't...oh wait it's working again...wait it's not AGAIN!
That's strange.....my brand new UK E61 doesn't even have an option for audio confirmation of locking - it's visual only! I presume there must be differences between markets???
Old 03-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i ALS, Nav, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Logic 7

I have noticed that the lock alert will not sound when something is left open - trunk, a door, or the hood. Maybe one of the buttons that informs the computer of closing is not working properly.

The way I discovered this was to open a door, leave it open and then lock the car. Everything locked, but no beep. When I shut the door I got the beep.

So the next time you don't get a "beep" go around and push on the doors, trunk, and hood. If you get a beep then you'll know which sensor is not functioning.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i Sapphire Black/Black 6-speed Manual, Sport, AS, CWP, Navi, Premium Sound, Bluetooth, iPod Adapter.

I had the same problem tonight. Hit the button and no beep. I went back over to the car and made sure all the doors were closed and tried it again but still no beep. Hopefully I don't have a bad sensor! Is this a common problem?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Contributors

I wanted to give an update since I got this fixed. My alarm started going off at random times as well so I finally took it to the dealer. It was a $17 hood sensor switch! Now my lock confirmation works just fine and my alarm won't be waking up the neighborhood at 3AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='542798' date='Mar 11 2008, 04:31 AM
I wanted to give an update since I got this fixed. My alarm started going off at random times as well so I finally took it to the dealer. It was a $17 hood sensor switch! Now my lock confirmation works just fine and my alarm won't be waking up the neighborhood at 3AM.
That's real good information to remember, thanks. I was thinking thait it could be related to a low-voltage battery. My old 540i would do strange things when the battery was dying.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Contributors

hey guys.how do i know if i have an alarm to my car.i doubt i have one.coz in the menu, i dont have sound confirmation,just visual.plus i dont have the right bulb under the mirror.

how can i get the alamr and how much do u think it ll cost me
Old 03-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Sport

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='542798' date='Mar 11 2008, 04:31 AM
I've had exact same problem about 2 weeks ago. Turned out to be a hood switch as well. The alarm was going off randlomly and there was no visual/audio confirmation when locking the car.