E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Steptronic VS Manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastCarFan' post='249413' date='Mar 3 2006, 03:55 PM
I agree. They're only cars, right? And if you are really concerned about performance, as you said, a 4,000 pound sedan isn't a good starting point! And the reality is that most mods will not cause any performance difference that a normal person would notice--only somebody with one of those meters would care, and then we're talking about fractions of a second. And the most common mod--exhaust--actually reduces performance in most cases!

That timing meter post in the main forum, with more numbers than I can believe, is a great example of somebody who has way too much time on his hands, and far too little useful things to fill it with! I'm surprised he hasn't taken out the back seats to reduce weight, and all those "adjusted" times--give me a break. Why doesn't he adjust the times for the day of the month--that would be useful...
Ahahahaa....you really made me laugh.... The last sentences are bang in the middle.
Anyway...the only serious mod i can think about that really gives a feelable gain in performance is an ecu remap, espeically on diesels, and that's it!!! Forget about the stupid exhaust muffler wich only digs a hole in oyur wallet and only adds some sound and maybe even reduce performance, forget the extraction of the spare wheel, the lighter rims that could save weight and bla bla bla. I'm interested myself in minor normal curiousities like what rim is lighter than the other, especially because i wana go to 19's but that doesn't mean i'll start to record my times from 0-100 or 1/4 mile after that. Seriously now....