E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sprint Booster 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg

5 minutes? Ur quick. Takes me 10 minutes!!!
well it was less than 5 mins about 3 mins
Old 05-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 550i Options: Titanium Gray, STEPTRONIC 6-Speed, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Active Stering, Power Rear Sun Shade, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Alcantara Headliner, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, Navigation, Heads-up Display, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 Sound w/ CD Changer, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Folding Rear Seats with Ski Bag, Park Distance Control, Bluetooth Options: MTech Bumpers, Sprint Booster V2, RPi Scoop, Clear Bra, K&N Drop-in Filter, Predator ICE V3 Angel Eyes

My Sprint Booster V2 came in about a week ago and I love it!

The hardest part of the installation for me was figuring out how to fit the actual Sprint Booster behind the gas pedal. It still only took 10-15 minutes.

The car feels much quicker not only off the line but also when passing. Maybe it's just me but I don't think the car is jumpy like some people have complained about.

Here is a picture of where I placed the little selector unit.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by pinguhk
well it was less than 5 mins about 3 mins
ur right! It was quick!!

Originally Posted by Robb924

The hardest part of the installation for me was figuring out how to fit the actual Sprint Booster behind the gas pedal. It still only took 10-15 minutes.

The car feels much quicker not only off the line but also when passing. Maybe it's just me but I don't think the car is jumpy like some people have complained about.

What picture?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 550i Options: Titanium Gray, STEPTRONIC 6-Speed, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Active Stering, Power Rear Sun Shade, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Alcantara Headliner, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, Navigation, Heads-up Display, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 Sound w/ CD Changer, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Folding Rear Seats with Ski Bag, Park Distance Control, Bluetooth Options: MTech Bumpers, Sprint Booster V2, RPi Scoop, Clear Bra, K&N Drop-in Filter, Predator ICE V3 Angel Eyes

Oops, no picture...
Attached Thumbnails Sprint Booster 2-dsc_4024-large-.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm heavily considering the SB. My questions(s) have nothing to do with installation or performance, but when your car is getting serviced it's best to remove it, right? And on top of that there's no diagnostic code which would show you had it installed? Just unsure how dealers feel about this and don't want to void anything.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Any smg users here using the sprinbooster v2 for manual, i had the sprintbooster v1 for auto and wanted something more aggressive .
So i am thinking of getting the manual one this time around, any thoughts ?

I did notice the mileage go up a bit also because you dint need to push down as hard anymore.

Usually removed it when the car went in for a problem(did not want to give them something to blame the issue on) but left it in for routine service.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robb924

I think the cars that are jumpy is because of the gearbox.
I used to get this on my 2004 car at about 4 years old, then I change the gear box oil and it was much better
Old 05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acorradi87
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm heavily considering the SB. My questions(s) have nothing to do with installation or performance, but when your car is getting serviced it's best to remove it, right? And on top of that there's no diagnostic code which would show you had it installed? Just unsure how dealers feel about this and don't want to void anything.
IF you service place void stuff easy then take it out, only take 5 mins to uninstall.
not too shore on the diagnostic code stuff
Old 05-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

Wow! I have to say that was one easy MOD!!! Just installed the SBv2. The install was pretty easy. Be sure to connect the cable correctly from the floor to the sprint booster. The pedal connector to the sprint booster only allows one way to put it on so there is no mistakes. The floor connector to the SB2 allows you to put it on both ways so you have to make sure it clicks. It will not connect until you flip the connector around and then you will hear and feel a slight click. No click; you get errors. My dash board lit up like a Christmas tree. To clear the code errors I used a scan tool from Harbor Freight. They have two models. I choose the scan tool with a few more options but the cheaper model for $88 works perfectly for clearing and getting codes.

http://www.harborfre...nner-98614.html

Old 05-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Is this good for 545i SMG? Same result?