E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

ok, this has gone of topic from what I wanted but I did learn something (I thought that each key had 2 memories, so if I had four key it would have a total of 8. Thanks for clearing that up.)

Now I guess back to my original question. I guess the seats don't automatically move when I take the key out for easy exit/entry.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mercy' date='Jul 20 2004, 10:22 PM
(I thought that each key had 2 memories, so if I had four key it would have a total of 8. Thanks for clearing that up.)

Now I guess back to my original question. I guess the seats don't automatically move when I take the key out for easy exit/entry.
Ah but that is a different question! Each key does also support individual memory positions in the seats so, yes, 2 keys=4 memories, 4 keys=8 memories etc.

And to answer your original question, no, only the side bolsters move outward.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Jul 20 2004, 07:55 PM
Isn't that what I said?

OK, OK you explained it better. Perhaps I should try and type in German next time
Sorry, browellm,
I just thought - because we really confused him - it won't hurt to explain it in different words again...

Off course you were right!

Each key does also support individual memory positions in the seats so, yes, 2 keys=4 memories, 4 keys=8 memories etc.
Ahem... oh, uh... now u r confusing me!

(4 keys = 4 memories, plus the two on the driver seat, makes it 6... ??!)
Old 07-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

Yes fair enough, I was ionly thinking about the driver's seat when I wrote that .

So, um, once again, each and every key allows 2 memory settings for the driver and 2 for the passenger to be programmed in the M1 and M2 positions.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Jul 21 2004, 12:59 AM
...each and every key allows 2 memory settings for the driver and 2 for the passenger to be programmed in the M1 and M2 positions.
The seats DO allow two settings, M1 and M2. Driver and passenger seat.
But the key's memory just remembers the last position, wether or not is was a M1 or M2 position.

*confused*

Key memory and seat memory have nothing to do with each other...
Old 07-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Senior Members

Our car is equipped with sports seats, and with memory on the driver's seat. However, it doesn't seem to matter which key we use.. the only memory we seem to have is that from the M1 and M2 buttons.. How come the seats not move into position when we switch between the two keys?

-paasan
Old 07-21-2004, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

OK, let's try to get that straight for a last time.

If you have seat memory you have two memory buttons on the seat.
Those have nothing to do with the key memory!

Your key remembers the position you are currently using (seat, steering wheel, mirrors) when you shut off the engine and lock the car.
That last position is in the key memory and will be the position your seat, mirrors and steering wheel will use when you unlock the car the next time with that key.

If you use the other key, it'll be the position remembered by this second key at the end of the last drive.

Again:
It has NOTHING to do with the seat memory!

Also when you shut the engine off and open the door to leave the car, your steering wheel moves up and the side bolsters are getting released automatically to allow an easy exit for the driver and an easy entry the next time you unlock the car.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:16 AM
Senior Members

Iceman, pls see PM
Old 07-21-2004, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

Can someone else please check this functionality please. I'd swear this is correct, but I have been proved wrong on many, many occasions

Copy of pm sent to Iceman (he asked me to put it up here):

......each key also supports different independent positions for M1 and M2, so when my wife uses her key, her M1 and M2 are different to my M1&M2.

I hope no-one ever asks me to write a user manual
laugh.gif
Old 07-21-2004, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for putting it up here, because what confused the hell out of me was, that mine is NOT doing it like that. My M1 and M2 settings are ALLWAYS the same, no matter what key is used.

Maybe your software version is newer and that's why...

Quick Reply: sport seats