E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Jul 16 2004, 01:53 PM
Assuming you have the activate on unlocking option ticked, and moved the seat with the second key so it is different from the first, press unlock on the key TWICE - the second press will cause the seat to move to that key's settings. To make exactly sure, lock the car again and then press unlock TWICE on the other key as well - you should see the seat move again.
I've noticed something interesting on mine, and my dealer and BMW seem to be confused about that:

It's just as you described it. Press unlock twice, it moves. Press it once, it doesn't move. But it's supposed to move on the first unlock click allready, and - here is the confusion - it SOMETIMES does!!!
I guess this is a "to fix" software bug...
Old 07-16-2004, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 16 2004, 12:16 PM
It's just as you described it. Press unlock twice, it moves. Press it once, it doesn't move. But it's supposed to move on the first unlock click allready, and - here is the confusion - it SOMETIMES does!!!
I guess this is a "to fix" software bug...
Iceman

Categoric proof that our cars are indeed female!

Tempremental at the best of times
Old 07-16-2004, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Jul 16 2004, 02:22 PM
Categoric proof that our cars are indeed female!

Tempremental at the best of times
Old 07-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Members

According to BMW USA's website the driver-side seat memory is standard on all models.

Here's BMW's description of the option
2-setting memory system for driver?s seat, side-view mirrors, and steering wheel position
To get passenger seat memory you have to get the comfort seats.

For the moving steering wheel, mine moves to the correct position when I put my foot and the brake and turn the key to the 1st position. The wheel moves all the way up when I turn off the car.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Im so confused:

When I unlock the the door with a single tick the driver's seat moves to the first recorded memory setting.
When I hit it a second time the rest of the doors unlock (the seat does not move to the second memory setting.

It can't be this hard to get this working.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Senior Members

I think you have things a little confused.

The number of key presses does not correspond to which memory the seat will return to. In fact, the key memory only remembers THE LAST seat position - regardless of wether this is a p1 or p2 memory position.

The fact that only the drivers door opens on the first press, then the rest of the doors is a setting you have in the i-drive Vehicle Settings menu.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

browellm,

I'm trying to follow your recommendations on your previous post but having problems following.

I do have the option to unlock the drivers door only (i like this setting).
Do I need to change it to unlock all doors to make it work?

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

No, you shouldn't need to touch that setting at all if that is the way you like it - it has nothing to do with the seat positioning feature.

If I have read you correctly, the changing seat position feature is working on your car.

You cannot, however, toggle between M1 and M2 seat positions with key presses. It just doesn't work like that.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

The key simply remembers where your seat was when you shut off the engine. That info is going into the key memory. The next time you open the car your seat and steering wheel are going straight back to those positions. It has nothing to do with your M1 and M2 positions !

Off course, if you are in M1 position and you lock the car, your key memory remembers the position, but it still has nothing to do with the memory function on the seat. It will go back after unlocking to the last position you used when you shut your engine off the last time and if this is the same position as the M1 it's going back to M1. But it can't switch in between those M1 and M2 settings, since it has absolutely nothing to do with it !

So let's say your key memory is K1, the seat has M1 and M2... Your second key would be K2...

I have my position on M1, my wife's on M2. For both seats, the driver and the passenger (comfort seats have them on both front seats - and off course I use different positions when driving or beeing a passenger).
Now my wife has the position in her key, because the last time she used the car she used M2. I have mine in there, because I used M1 the last time.
When I give my car to my dealer they sit different, so my key will remember their position, because it was the last position used. So I just take a seat, press and hold M1 untill I've got my position back and drive away. When parking at home my key will remember this position as the K1 position, and it is the same as the M1 position...

All clear ?
Old 07-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 20 2004, 04:32 PM
<lots snipped>

All clear ?
Isn't that what I said?

OK, OK you explained it better. Perhaps I should try and type in German next time

Quick Reply: sport seats