E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not set for each key in the I-Drive. You set it up in the I drive and the memory/remote of each key works individually. It explains how to set up the last seat position on page 38 and 39 of the manual.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

I've read that part many times.

I have entered my preference in I_Drive for climate, radio, adjusted my seats, etc and then press MEM and then button 1.

I have tried both settings "After unlocking" or "After door is opened"
to see if when I take out the key the seat goes back by it self but no luck.
Only the steering wheel goes up.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

it is fully electric, it mentions it in the uk brochure. if it turns out to be no that than i want a refund from my dealer.
Attached Thumbnails sport seats-save1.jpg  
Old 07-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

so your saying this works on US spec cars w/ regular sports seats? You don't have to the Comfort seats? Guess I'll have to try this when I leave the office (yes, I know, I should be working but it's a slow day). Is it a option I would have ordered when I ordered the car or does it just come w/ the sport seats?

And just to clarify, when I ordered my 545 back in December 03, I believe there were only two seat choices, either you paid up for the Comfort seat or you got the non-Comfort seat as standard. In the description of the 481 Sport Seat posted it talks about thigh adjustment, which my seat doesn't have. Is there a third seat option below sport seat that I might have gotten by not choosing Sport or Comfort seats?
Old 07-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Members

e60525d, my dealer mentioned last week that this has changed, I think the electric with memory option now also needs to be selected, but this might depend on when you ordered.

The configurator on the BMW UK web site shows Sports Seats as a ?375 option and the "Seat Adjustment, electric with memory for drivers seat" for ?745.

The options section of the same Web site lists "Seats/seat comfort - Sports seats for driver and front passenger, with fully electric adjustment" as a ?1,120 option, which is the sum of the two options on the configurator.

So, I guess if you're paying ?1,120 for your Sports Seats, then they are fully electric, if you're paying ?375 then they are partly electric with no memory.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Members

Mercy
I am 6'2" so I keep my seat back as far as it will go all the time, so when I exit it does not move. My wife is shorter and drive like an old lady so when she takes out the key it move back. Try moving the seat forward all the way, start the car then remove the key. If you have already tried this I would go see the dealer.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mercy' date='Jul 14 2004, 03:10 PM
I have not seen how you pair up a key to memory setting in I-Drive. Please Help!
Take both keys to the dealer and ask them to program them.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Spec33,

Yeah, I tried all of that. Last night I spent an hour using different combinations and came up empty.

3 settings are available "After unlocking" , "After door is opened" , "deactivate"

Logic tells me if I choose either "After unlocking" or "After door is opened" the seat moves to the recorded memory setting when one of the actions above is performed.

If I choose "deactive" well nothing happens at all.

1) In my fathers-inlaw's MB for example I use the remote key to unlock the car.

2) I enter the car while the seat is fully back and the steering wheel is fully retracted and up for easy entry.

3) I put on my seat belt, insert the key and turn the key. The seat and steering wheel adjust to the corresponding memory setting.

4) I remove the key and the seat moves back and the steering retracts and move up.

I wonder if this might be available with the latest software upgrade.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by e60525d' date='Jul 14 2004, 03:50 PM
it is fully electric, it mentions it in the uk brochure. if it turns out to be no that than i want a refund from my dealer.
THE UK BROUCHURE IS WRONG / OUT OF DATE

Sports Seats DO NOT come with memory and are NOT fully electric unless you pay an extra ?700. I beleived the brouchure, I got burnt, although I did get a refund.

BMW changed the spec in May 04 without chaging the brouchure or price list.

Sorry to be a harbinger of bad news.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

Mercy,

There is no "key activation" required as such. Whenever a different key is used the settings currently in place at the time are "memorized" for that key automatically - no user intervention necessary.

With the seats I believe you are seeing (or not, as the case may be!!) a small peculiarity which may be a bug in the software or may be by design, I don't know. Either way the fix is quite straightforward:

Assuming you have the activate on unlocking option ticked, and moved the seat with the second key so it is different from the first, press unlock on the key TWICE - the second press will cause the seat to move to that key's settings. To make exactly sure, lock the car again and then press unlock TWICE on the other key as well - you should see the seat move again.

Sorry this is all a bit wordy, I hope you get the idea.

Quick Reply: sport seats