E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sport exhaust: anyone experience with SS sport ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Did a search on the forum for "SS sport", without any luck though.
I am planning to get my car chiptuned after 3-4 months or so, and perhaps also get a sport exhaust installed.

I've been reading a lot about Eisenmann on this board, so I guess that must be good quality. When I checked on Kempower's website (http://www.kempower.be/indexe.htm), only the following exhaust came up: SS sport exhaust 2x ? 76 mm.

Does anyone have experience with this type of exhaust or believe there are reasons why this is not a good idea. Suggestions on other types are also welcome.
I am waiting for a 525d with M-sport package.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Touring MY2004, executive line, shadowline, comfortline II, leather, aux.input, heated seats, bluetooth, auto dimming interior mirror, steptronic 6 speed, removable hitch

I found a link of the Eisenmann exhaust at http://autotuneheinz.e2e-dev.be/eisenmann.html or you could do a search in Holland.
I think they sell it as well in den Haag.

A dutch member at the E61 forum has some experience with this exhaust.

Cheers.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:04 AM

Try a Billy Boat TriFlow (B & made specifically for the 545i. I just got mine several weeks ago, and it truly sounds and looks great! It is available from Bavarian Autosport.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by Hans NL' date='Apr 10 2005, 06:49 PM
I found a link of the Eisenmann exhaust at http://autotuneheinz.e2e-dev.be/eisenmann.html or you could do a search in Holland.
I think they sell it as well in den Haag.

A dutch member at the E61 forum has some experience with this exhaust.

Cheers.
[snapback]113705[/snapback]
Thanks Hans.

Now, stupid me , I was trying to find info on an 'SS sport exhaust', thinking SS would be a brand, but of course this simply means 'stainless steel'...
The picture of the exhaust on Kempower's website is exactly the same one as on the Eisenmann website (http://eisenmann-technik.de/auspuffa...om_zid_445.php)
I'd better go to bed early tonight...

Anyway, I am curious as well what the effect is on the sound of diesel cars. I was able to find some sound files, but these were always on petrol cars.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

the kempower exhaust is the same as the eisenman exhaust. In fact heinz is the distributor of eisenman and you can order them at eisenman with the name kempower of heinz in it. Its all the same, the difference is kempower says its custom. Its not , its eisenman.

I ordered one but i asked to have the Eisenman logo and not the Heinz logo because hell eisenman is a world trade mark. Heinz or kempower are not world famous trademarks
Old 04-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Apr 10 2005, 08:42 PM
the kempower exhaust is the same as the eisenman exhaust. In fact heinz is the distributor of eisenman and you can order them at eisenman with the name kempower of heinz in it. Its all the same, the difference is kempower says its custom. Its not , its eisenman.

I ordered one but i asked to have the Eisenman logo and not the Heinz logo because hell eisenman is a world trade mark. Heinz or kempower are not world famous trademarks
[snapback]113756[/snapback]
Thanks for the confirmation, pmmeke.
Kempower would better use that brand name as well then, insteqd of confusing me.

Sound files anyone for an E60 diesel with Eisenmann exhaust or any other type? (this will be off topic for US members I'm afraid)
Old 04-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Apr 10 2005, 08:42 PM

[snapback]113756[/snapback]
Thanks for the confirmation, pmmeke.
Kempower would better use that brand name as well then, instead of confusing me.

Sound files anyone for an E60 diesel with Eisenmann exhaust or any other type? (this will be off topic for US members I'm afraid)