E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SPEEDING - Got a ticket for 68 in a 30

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hire one of those cheesy lawyers for 150 bucks. it is the best money you will ever spend. they know traffic laws like nobody. my ticket got dismissed because the cop didnt process the paperwork fast enough. it was a 75 in a 45 manditory court appearance. i didnt pay a fine or get a single point.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='832063' date='Mar 31 2009, 03:15 PM
They will make a deal with you, they always do. The government (state and national) always find a way to take your money and im sure he had a few more tickets on his quota. Fight, fight, fight!!!
Indeed! Fight it!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Get legal help and pay the fine. The cop is a douchebag. He'll get his one day. You were stupid to speed. The cop doesn't have a legal case but it's cheaper to get legal help, pay the fine, and learn your lesson. You're young and have a BMW. He's jealous. It's as simple as that ... a BMW tax. Speeding in a BMW is painting a big target on the Bangle butt. Don't speed in 35 mph zones.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

WOW.

Let me get this straight... Your issue isn't that you weren't doing 68, your issue is that the cop didn't happen to clock you doing that speed.

68 in a 30, 40, heck even 50 mph zone is a little much. Just pay the fine and slow down.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by e60insd' post='832149' date='Mar 31 2009, 07:45 PM
WOW.

Let me get this straight... Your issue isn't that you weren't doing 68, your issue is that the cop didn't happen to clock you doing that speed.

68 in a 30, 40, heck even 50 mph zone is a little much. Just pay the fine and slow down.
I am sooooo sick of all the self-righteous, "internet angels" on this forum, so quick to cast stones! Makes me sick! If you read the thread, your advice has been posted at least half a dozen times, so you are not actually adding anything to the thread... just taking an opportunity to say "I would have been smarter and more responsible than you".

I am sure the OP is aware that he made a mistake. He is not asking for advice on whether he made a mistake or not. He is asking for advice on the most prudent means of solving his problem..., with the least amount of pain and discomfort. The same thing that any of us would want.

However... I am very honored to share my membership on E60 with: Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, MLK, Jesus, Moses, etc...
Old 03-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Welcome to your messenger
Re:Sig
Personal Message
mhs525
Rating: 1
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Add to PM block list
Forward PM
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts

Re:Sig, Today, 08:26 PM

Elite Member

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 16,027

MHS525:
Dude what is that crap at the bottom of your posts, the US is an empire? WTF ? I come to the forum to talk cars, politics don't belong...

My PM to MHS525 regarding his post above:
Bro,
Didn't want to step on the thread and be off topic so... In case you have never visited the "lounge" area on this site, there have been many long discussions and arguments on politics, freedoms etc. The quotes in my sig are not mine. They are from other members on here, who happen to be from other countries, and have made ridiculous comments about the US, our freedoms, etc. I vehemently disagreed with them so I added them to my sig, so that others who did not participate in those discussions, would be aware of their comments. My choice, my sig. If you don't want to talk anything besides cars... stay out of the "lounge". If you don't like my sig, I really could care less, but you asked so I answered.

MHS525 return PM:
I usually do stay out of the lounge, I think I have visited a few times at most.

Putting those comments in your sig

A) Gives morons more "air time"

Could be mistaken as yours

C) Bring politics out of the lounge and into the car forums where they don't belong.

Everyone has an opinion on religion and politics and nothing can start an argument or piss people off faster than those two subjects.

After sending the above PM... MHS525 "blocked" any return PM from me...
MHS525,
How funny is it that you send me the above PM... then "BLOCK" me from responding to you via PM. I PM'd you in response to your question about my sig... so as not to hijack the OP's thread. If I knew you were a BITCH, I wouldn't have been so considerate.

In response to your comments about my sig... I agree with A and B, but not C. Many people on this forum include many non-car related info in their avatar and/or sig. to share a little more personal info about themselves. There are pics/videos/sigs related to girls, guns, military, etc. If you chose to keep your info car related... good for you. If you don't like my sig/avatar... kick rocks
Old 03-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Contributors

yes! i love this part...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='832169' date='Mar 31 2009, 07:13 PM
I am sooooo sick of all the self-righteous, "internet angels" on this forum, so quick to cast stones! Makes me sick! If you read the thread, your advice has been posted at least half a dozen times, so you are not actually adding anything to the thread... just taking an opportunity to say "I would have been smarter and more responsible than you".

I am sure the OP is aware that he made a mistake. He is not asking for advice on whether he made a mistake or not. He is asking for advice on the most prudent means of solving his problem..., with the least amount of pain and discomfort. The same thing that any of us would want.

However... I am very honored to share my membership on E60 with: Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, MLK, Jesus, Moses, etc...
+1 amen.

The guy posting is a 26 year old man who made a mistake and got caught for it. Dont sit here and act like you have never done anything wrong. When we come here and post we arent looking for the moral police to give us a write up on how stupid we are, and why we shouldn't get any help. I have said this before in post when people ask for help and people come to degrade and put people or their ideas down. For example i asked how to pop out the covers in the rear bumper to put the reflectors in and i have stupid people posting i think they look like sh1t. Well thats great i dont care what you think if my topic was asking for your opinion then it would be warranted. I was simply asking for install help/directions. Not what you think about the look or style.

If you can answer with legal help or suggestions please do so. We are supposed to be a "community" here to help one another not put people down or act like we are better and degrade people.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='832276' date='Mar 31 2009, 07:29 PM
selfish...pass it...

Quick Reply: SPEEDING - Got a ticket for 68 in a 30