E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SOS Malfunction after tinting the windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by BMW.Aaron.TeamF1' post='258460' date='Mar 22 2006, 12:14 PM
I tryed the SOS button two month ago to test and it didn't connected to BMW Assist. I guess I was having trouble with the TCU back then but the radio was working before so I didnt bother to get it fix at all because I didnt know it was broken. I also thought that the SOS only work for the first free year and then I have to pay to be able to connect
Thats right the first year is free but you might want to talk to them about ALL the trouble you were having and they might compensate you with some free time. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 03-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Xenon, Sport, Premium, Automatic, Logic 7, Orient Blue & Auburn Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim

Originally Posted by vern' post='258511' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:20 PM
Thats right the first year is free but you might want to talk to them about ALL the trouble you were having and they might compensate you with some free time. Good luck
cheers
vern
The car runs perfect now. They replaced the TCU and got software 20.xx. I got excellent service from BMW and the service advisor. I told the service advisor I would give him all 5 or excellent when they call me about the job done.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

good to hear you have your car back...
does mp3 work...i hope soo...
Old 03-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW.Aaron.TeamF1' post='253491' date='Mar 11 2006, 08:55 PM
Well today was not my lucky day. I went to a place to tint my windows and clearly told the guy that I want 20% windows tint and without the metal particle in the tint. He recommends 3M CS 20% tint. Well after he finished the job I start driving and I get the SOS Malfunctions message and my FM, AM & CD dont play anything at all.

I talked to the guy and he said that maybe the tint is still humid and it's doing interference with the antenna and that I should give it time before it's completely dry.

Do you guys think that he installed the wrong kind of tint in my car and that's the reason why the car is not able to play any sound because the reception is getting blocked by the tint?

Thanks in Advance
Aaron
Aaron
I had the windows tinted on my new 550i yesterday. I have had the car for a week. It was tinted with
Huper Optik 30%, by a authorized shop in Dallas. I picked the car up at closing time and discovered the
radio, I drive and bluetooth wasn't working. Spoke with the installer this morning, he said water may have
got on a amp on the parcel tray. I was also told that this happens , but very rare. (always german cars)
After the water drys the radios will work. Has anyone else run in to this?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by jrb346' post='259853' date='Mar 25 2006, 08:35 AM
Aaron
I had the windows tinted on my new 550i yesterday. I have had the car for a week. It was tinted with
Huper Optik 30%, by a authorized shop in Dallas. I picked the car up at closing time and discovered the
radio, I drive and bluetooth wasn't working. Spoke with the installer this morning, he said water may have
got on a amp on the parcel tray. I was also told that this happens , but very rare. (always german cars)
After the water drys the radios will work. Has anyone else run in to this?

The amp isnt on the parcel tray tho. its on the left side of the trunk about on top of where the wheel is. I think about right under where the top of the trunk and where the rear windshield meets about there.

I guess water can drip all the way down there but MAN... if it did... they're not too careful with thier install it seems.