E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SOS call system malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010 | 05:57 AM
Members

Mine was staying on all the time since last friday, but I disconnected the battery this AM for 5 mins and then reconnected. It went away and made my day. Bluetooth works again now. Sweet!
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550I Sport, Jet Black w/Tan Interior: Comfort Access, Premium Package, Nav, Sirius Radio, Cold Weather Package

Had the same issue, I could usually reboot the I-drive and elminate the SOS malfunction and get the bluetooth and stereo back on line. Dealer reprogrammed the system and reduced the number of occurances but still had malfunctions. Dealer then replaced the Telematics Control Unit and all was well.
Old 05-04-2010 | 11:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d auto ,Carbon black,all options but HUD and sunroof

It has happened once or twice on mine , mainly over winter while electrical consumption was on the high side. This is the fifth year of living with E60 530m , lots os messages and ding dongs has appeared, most should be ignored, just enjoy driving her.
Old 02-23-2012 | 09:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Subscribed: This happened to me for the first time yesterday upon starting the car. However, the iDrive wasn't frozen and seemed to work okay. Today the problem didn't happen. Also, although I do have my iPhone 4S paired to the car, my phone's bluetooth was turned off at the time.:

SOS call system malfunction-soserror.jpg

Originally Posted by uskg76
I got same problem SOS malfunction & my iPhone not connected i realized it's some wires from the trunk causing it, when I touch this wires it's starts working then when I'm driving on some bump the problem comes back
I've read there's a wire bundle in the trunk that can rub when the trunk is opened and closed. Eventually, the rubbing cuts through the wire coating. I'll check on this since I use the trunk all the time.
Old 02-23-2012 | 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

BTW, my car just went off CPO last month. Could it be that the BMW Assist expired as well and generated my error?
Old 02-23-2012 | 06:34 PM
Members

I recently purchased an 04 545I and the bluetooth feature wasn't activated...I came across an option in INPA to activate the bluetooth feature which I clicked on and in hopes to activate this feature...unfortunately that didn't work...but the next day I turned on the car and now I have this same message! I used INPA and turned the bluetooth feature back off but this mesage hasn't gone away...its been over a week....can anyone shed some light?
Old 02-23-2012 | 10:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by mgokool
I recently purchased an 04 545I and the bluetooth feature wasn't activated...I came across an option in INPA to activate the bluetooth feature which I clicked on and in hopes to activate this feature...unfortunately that didn't work...but the next day I turned on the car and now I have this same message! I used INPA and turned the bluetooth feature back off but this mesage hasn't gone away...its been over a week....can anyone shed some light?
Unfortunately, there is a broken part in there somewhere, but if you want to just disable the error, code this in Kombi:

TCM_ALIVE_ZAEHLER
aktiv ----> nicht_aktiv
TCM_ID_MONITOR
aktiv ----> nicht_aktiv
Old 02-24-2012 | 10:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

I've had this happen only one time. SOS error, and the bluetooth stopped working. Curious to find out the cause...
Old 07-10-2012 | 12:18 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by uskg76
I found out what was causing SOS call system malfunction, bluetooth didn't work and this weird static noise from speakers when listening to music it was
Inline-connector for optical fibre cable 61136918277 located in the trunk, I put on hot glue so it wont move & the problem is gone here is picture of it
Hi
Im having the same problem in my 2004 530i. Can you tell me in what part of the trunk the part that you glowed located . I'm having a trouble locating that part.thanks.
Old 07-10-2012 | 11:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

Originally Posted by akeel1981
Hi
Im having the same problem in my 2004 530i. Can you tell me in what part of the trunk the part that you glowed located . I'm having a trouble locating that part.thanks.
That is the fiber optic connector located on the left-hand side of the car in the trunk near the rear seat. You have to remove the trim trunk trim panels to get to it.

I had the same error and recoded my car using NCS Expert in order to remove the SOS functionality. I did this back in May and have not had the error since that time.

Remove SOS Error

If you cannot code your own car then you'll need to get an independent shop or BMW dealership to do it for you.

SI B84 17 07 SOS Inactive Warning.pdf

Quick Reply: SOS call system malfunction