E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Some pics of the new ride, bittersweet since it just stopped working&

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words... what would qualify this to be a lemon? i have i think 30 day and or 400 miles to return the car and UNDO the deal....
Old 10-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1044034' date='Oct 30 2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks to all of you for your kind words... what would qualify this to be a lemon? i have i think 30 day and or 400 miles to return the car and UNDO the deal....
in order to qualify as a lemon you must have 3 or more problems with the same issue.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Members

Nice ride...it must be driving you crazy to just look at it in the driveway.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, platinum gray with cream beige dakota leather, premium, sport, comfort access, navigation, heated seats, sport auto with paddles, premium sound, sat radio, ipod

Same thing to me on my 08 535. Mine had 2K on the clock and it broke down in the middle of a major intersection on a 4 lane highway. I had to push it out of the way and then wait 1.5 hrs for a tow truck! Was the high pressure fuel pump (aka HPFP). Dealer replaced it and the car has run fine UNTILL YESTERDAY. Car started sputtering while I was driving down the interstate. Have 21K miles now. Restarted car and it drove fine the rest of the day.

Doubt you have x days and y miles to return it, but if you do, you should probably do it. Was the car CPO'd? If so, it's likely this car's HPFP has failed before and they didn't tell you. Not good. I know you'd hate to let her go, but if it were my money and the car broke down on my first day with it, that car would be going right back and I would be demanding a refund. Get a 550 or an Audi A6.

If you keep it, keep very good records of how long it is in the shop for this issue. That will be very key if you have recurring issues with it.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Audi A8 4.2TDI Previous rides: 2005 E61 530d, 20" Breyton reps, Eibach springs, M5 bumper/mirrors/MFSW 2000 Audi S6 Avant, 18" OZ, RS6 exhaust etc 1998 Audi A8 4,2Q, 19" RS4 wheels, Remus exhaust KW coilovers etc 1986 Audi 100CC, funky fresh steel rims w plastic covers, rubber lip on boot..... 1987 BMW 320i, 15" alloys + rubber lip on boot :) 1982 Opel Ascona 1,6DL, tinted windows and a big-ass subwoofer :P

Nice ride man! Sorry to hear about the problems though but hopefully they'll work it out fast. Tell the dealer to give you a set of M5 mirros as compensation
Old 10-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530i Premium and Cold Weather Package Orient Blue, Tan Interior

Dude that ride is damn near PERFECT looking. Don't worry, you have a good amount of warranty just pay close attention to her and you will have it better than new soon with the help of your SA.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by wantmye90' post='1044092' date='Oct 31 2009, 05:38 AM
Same thing to me on my 08 535. Mine had 2K on the clock and it broke down in the middle of a major intersection on a 4 lane highway. I had to push it out of the way and then wait 1.5 hrs for a tow truck! Was the high pressure fuel pump (aka HPFP). Dealer replaced it and the car has run fine UNTILL YESTERDAY. Car started sputtering while I was driving down the interstate. Have 21K miles now. Restarted car and it drove fine the rest of the day.

Doubt you have x days and y miles to return it, but if you do, you should probably do it. Was the car CPO'd? If so, it's likely this car's HPFP has failed before and they didn't tell you. Not good. I know you'd hate to let her go, but if it were my money and the car broke down on my first day with it, that car would be going right back and I would be demanding a refund. Get a 550 or an Audi A6.

If you keep it, keep very good records of how long it is in the shop for this issue. That will be very key if you have recurring issues with it.
\

Ugh, I canot believe so many pppl have had this same problem.
As for returning it, i have 30 days or 40 miles to unwind the deal, its going back to the dealer on monday to get fixed, if i have problems again i will back out, trust me, its on my mind to unwind this deal, but this is the EXACT car i wanted, for a awesome price.

As for the s550, already had one, and im not that fond of the audi a6, its ok, but i feel like the interior is cheap.
Hopefully fixing the fule pump one time will fix the problem, carfax records and dealer records show its nvr been in for major problems except reg service and oil changes and a set of break pads.
I will just wait and see what the dealer says nxt week i guess
Old 10-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1044183' date='Oct 31 2009, 11:55 AM
\

Ugh, I canot believe so many pppl have had this same problem.
As for returning it, i have 30 days or 40 miles to unwind the deal, its going back to the dealer on monday to get fixed, if i have problems again i will back out, trust me, its on my mind to unwind this deal, but this is the EXACT car i wanted, for a awesome price.

As for the s550, already had one, and im not that fond of the audi a6, its ok, but i feel like the interior is cheap.
Hopefully fixing the fule pump one time will fix the problem, carfax records and dealer records show its nvr been in for major problems except reg service and oil changes and a set of break pads.
I will just wait and see what the dealer says nxt week i guess
No need to panic, man. It's under warranty and once you get the normal gremlins out you will be fine. It has always been my experience that something major or minor will ALWAYS go wrong with my pre-owned cars during the first six months. It does not matter which brand, there's always something. Not everybody is as fanatic as we are with cars. For some people these are just 2 year leases and they will live with a noise, or a slam, or a clunk especially during the last few months knowing that they will be getting into the next lease soon and so they don't even bother wasting their time even though the cars are under warranty.

It is up to us to figure out these gremlins during the first year or so of ownership and get them all taken care under warranty. I have never had a car fail on me so quickly, but still, you have plenty of warranty left. Get the car fixed and then enjoy it as it really is a great car and it sounds like you got a great deal on it. Good things are worth waiting for. It has always been my experience with BMW (since 1997) that for the first 2 years I find all these things and I have them taken care of. I usually keep my BMWs 8 years, and so far with two of them the last six years are nothing more than regular maintenance, tires, brakes, etc., but no mechanical repairs. If taken care of, BMWs can be just as reliable as a Lexus. Good luck with the repairs. Your car looks awesome, BTW.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1044239' date='Oct 31 2009, 02:15 PM
No need to panic, man. It's under warranty and once you get the normal gremlins out you will be fine. It has always been my experience that something major or minor will ALWAYS go wrong with my pre-owned cars during the first six months. It does not matter which brand, there's always something. Not everybody is as fanatic as we are with cars. For some people these are just 2 year leases and they will live with a noise, or a slam, or a clunk especially during the last few months knowing that they will be getting into the next lease soon and so they don't even bother wasting their time even though the cars are under warranty.

It is up to us to figure out these gremlins during the first year or so of ownership and get them all taken care under warranty. I have never had a car fail on me so quickly, but still, you have plenty of warranty left. Get the car fixed and then enjoy it as it really is a great car and it sounds like you got a great deal on it. Good things are worth waiting for. It has always been my experience with BMW (since 1997) that for the first 2 years I find all these things and I have them taken care of. I usually keep my BMWs 8 years, and so far with two of them the last six years are nothing more than regular maintenance, tires, brakes, etc., but no mechanical repairs. If taken care of, BMWs can be just as reliable as a Lexus. Good luck with the repairs. Your car looks awesome, BTW.
Thankyou for al the reasurance,it def makes me feel better than i was feeling. I was all confused on what was gonna happen next, but i just had teh car delivered to the dealer and he says i can have it back monday.
i guess with only 20k on it, im happy i have alot of warranty and all these can be adressed...
regards..