E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sold the e60 for a lexus is350...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

The decision to buy a particular car, if price is not a factor, all comes down to what you value most in a car. If you value soft leather, an awesome sound system and great reliability, then Lexus is a great choice. We have had two in the family and they proved to be bulletproof. And yes I agree with swajames that if I were buying a high mileage car, I'd take a Lexus over a BMW.

But to me, none of the virtues of a Lexus compensate for the fact that the handling, at least for the ES, GS ad LS models (all of which I have driven) is not even close to on par with the E60 with sport suspension. And sharp handling is priority number one for me. And I always lease new cars so long term; high mileage reliability is not a factor.

So for me, BMW is perfect. But I am the first to admit that, in general, Lexus has got BMW beat in the areas of reliability, interior quality and electronics quality. But I have never enjoyed driving any Lexus. To me, it is not the driver's car that the BMW is. But maybe the IS is different. I have never driven it and would never get one because it is too small for my needs.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Contributors

I think Toyota builds good cars ... their attention to the tiniest of details is well known (well some of them anyway - accelerator pedals aside). And, according to a buddy who has been selling GM cars they seem to appeal to Chevrolet buyers looking to upscale their image or who seek a "quality" build.

From time to time BMW drivers deflect ... it's ok ... you'll be fine... take a deep breath and remember to slow down for curves and corners.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
The IS is not a Toyota based model. The ES/GS/RX/LX are based on Toyota counter parts. Drive a V6 Camry and a ES350 both cars are completely different in handling and driving. Id rather have a Lexus then Acura. Acura=Annoying, Crappy, Ugly, Retarded, Animal, looking cars.

Maybe we just got unlucky with the ES at first but its doing fine now. Some of the comments are really immature. I have noticed on forums like Clublexus.com and My.is BMWs are praised and drooled over. On BMW forums Lexus is always bashed. :thumbsdown:

I would have to disagree with this statement. My family has owned many models from both automakers and I would have to say the Acura were very reliable, less trouble than the Lexus. As for the car design itself, it depends on certain models but at the time, we had a choice between the MDX (2nd generation) and RX, and we chose the MDX because it looks much better than the RX. However, I do agree that there is something wrong with the newer designs but as for reliability, thumbs up for the Honda's big brother.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
I would have to disagree with this statement. My family has owned many models from both automakers and I would have to say the Acura were very reliable, less trouble than the Lexus. As for the car design itself, it depends on certain models but at the time, we had a choice between the MDX (2nd generation) and RX, and we chose the MDX because it looks much better than the RX. However, I do agree that there is something wrong with the newer designs but as for reliability, thumbs up for the Honda's big brother.
Acura makes a great car. I bought my wife another car a few months back and we came very to getting the recently refreshed MDX. With the advance package it comes with a very effective active suspension which, coupled with the torque vectoring AWD system, means it doesn't roll in the corners and can get the power down earlier than you'd expect on the exit. Acura's electronics are also very solid. The navigation and audio in particular are top drawer.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I agree. My mother's Integra was perfect and trouble free for 100k miles. And her 2009 TL, hideous beak aside, has an excellent ride and handling that was much better than a non sport 528 xi that I loaned last year. The Acura's handling was a mot more lively than the last Lexus ES was had in the family.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i drove my buddies is250 awd for a while, and hated how small the car is. had no power...engine sounded like a cheap 4 banger. tire noise was horrible in it too.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

I just hate the new look of the current Acura line up it has been ruined by the ugly designs. We loved the first gen MDX perhaps I should have clarified the current Acura lineup is ugly and annoying looking.

Originally Posted by turboawd
i drove my buddies is250 awd for a while, and hated how small the car is. had no power...engine sounded like a cheap 4 banger. tire noise was horrible in it too.
Does not sound like you drove a Lexus.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Good luck with that.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I just hate the new look of the current Acura line up it has been ruined by the ugly designs. We loved the first gen MDX perhaps I should have clarified the current Acura lineup is ugly and annoying looking.

Does not sound like you drove a Lexus.

I have to agree with this statement 100%...we're in the process of getting another SUV and my wife just can't get over the fact that Acura has ruined the look of the MDX even though we love its reliability. Any suggestion here guys??? I've narrowed it down to the RX300, ML350 (a bit small, IMO), Yukon Denali (my favorite but the wife hates it due to its size and she does not trust GM) but we're still searching.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I have to agree with this statement 100%...we're in the process of getting another SUV and my wife just can't get over the fact that Acura has ruined the look of the MDX even though we love its reliability. Any suggestion here guys??? I've narrowed it down to the RX300, ML350 (a bit small, IMO), Yukon Denali (my favorite but the wife hates it due to its size and she does not trust GM) but we're still searching.
how about an LR4?

Quick Reply: Sold the e60 for a lexus is350...