E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sold the e60 for a lexus is350...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Defy
Can you even get the IS 350 in manual??
The IS250 is available with a manual, the IS350 is not.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Sucks for you bro....
Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

We have the ES350 and the E60 528i. I hate Lexus's colors, the colors seem to fade and feel dull no matter how much you polish/wax and the leather is a bit blah. The ride quality is very nice comfortable quiet and smooth.

I like both cars but I would not buy a Lexus again because even though its supposedly a very reliable car that's not what I have experienced. In the last 3 months....ticking noise at cold start, HID bulb failing after only 22000 miles, check VSC light and CEL light on for various stupid reasons, transmission flare. Hopefully you don't experience any of these issues and good luck with the IS350 go to Clublexus.com to meet some Lexus enthusiasts.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Krozi
Sucks for you bro....

fact is, posts like that have no business being shared. We do not know his current life or economic situation. All we do know is is that he's content with his decision, and you decided to share your discontent...

OP: congrats on your Lexus, enjoy it....hope to see you back in a BMW eventually...

I drive my wife's IS from time to time, have to say the interior is elegant and it really is a smooth ride.

Gotta love the condescending remarks from some members here tho :thumbsdown:, but then again, this is a BMW forum where the stereotypical BMW owner's come to stroke their ego from time to time...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Ogg
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Logic 7 Navi 2002 M5 Reps Remus Exhaust

Nothing like a Toyota!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
fact is, posts like that have no business being shared. We do not know his current life or economic situation. All we do know is is that he's content with his decision, and you decided to share your discontent...

OP: congrats on your Lexus, enjoy it....hope to see you back in a BMW eventually...

I drive my wife's IS from time to time, have to say the interior is elegant and it really is a smooth ride.
+1 Gene, not everyone is driving their dad's car...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545i loaded!

The IS250 is available with a manual, the IS350 is not.
We'll i guess i will have to stick with the E60 then......
Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ogg
Nothing like a Toyota!
The IS is not a Toyota based model. The ES/GS/RX/LX are based on Toyota counter parts. Drive a V6 Camry and a ES350 both cars are completely different in handling and driving. Id rather have a Lexus then Acura. Acura=Annoying, Crappy, Ugly, Retarded, Animal, looking cars.

Maybe we just got unlucky with the ES at first but its doing fine now. Some of the comments are really immature. I have noticed on forums like Clublexus.com and My.is BMWs are praised and drooled over. On BMW forums Lexus is always bashed. :thumbsdown:
Old 06-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
Gotta love the condescending remarks from some members here tho :thumbsdown:, but then again, this is a BMW forum where the stereotypical BMW owner's come to stroke their ego from time to time...
Gene you know I'm not like that...but yea your right...I guess I have been hanging out at E90 post too much..it has scarred me lol

Originally Posted by swajames
+1 Gene, not everyone is driving their dad's car...
Damn, talk about condescending remarks. I really didn't expect this from "Mr. Objective about everything"

EDIT: And Gene, judging from the fact that the IS-350 isn't a step down from a E60...I assumed the economic situation wasn't too bad..
Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Members

My previous car was a 2002 IS300 and it was a great car. I lowered it a little and put konis and eibach springs on it. Sold it around 50,000 miles with no problems over the course of about 4 years. BUT, it didn't drive like my 06 550i sport, that I've had now over 3 years. I don't think you can top Lexus reliability or BMW ride/handling. If Lexus could make a car as sweet handling as a BMW I would go back.

Quick Reply: Sold the e60 for a lexus is350...