E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

software update

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer informed me that our car needs the new software update to resolve a minor "check motor" display error that occured only once in the past 28 days of ownership. I was informed that the dealer needs 5 hours to load version 11.1. tomorrow (current new version). However, I have deep concern due to some of the problems people encountered with these updates.

Is this the newest verison and will this enable the pause function on the CD player?

In addition, I read on another forum that version 12 should be release mid May; however, the German dealership could not confirm that report.

Thanks for any responses on this matter.

Mack1

Old 04-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Members

From what I've heard the 11.1 software doesn't solve the CD player problem. The planned v12 will.

Old 04-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

I was told it would also solve my problem with climate control defaulting to the auto setting after the car has been turned off for more than 15 minutes or so. Same thing with the heated seats. Does your cd player revert back to track 1 if the car is off for awhile?
Old 04-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Members

ranieriwm,

No reverting problmes with the cd player/heated seats; however, I do have the same issue with climate control.

The build date was 03/04, 545 with "all options" except steptronic, cold weather, and automic cruise.

We love the car and our problems have been very minor over the past 28 days.

Reine,

I hope V12 does resolve the CD player issue.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Contributors

I too have the same problem with the climate control reverting back to auto. Something eles I seem to have a problem with ( not sure it's related to software update) is the FTM , After my update I've have my FTM go off several times with no flat tire. Kinda troublesome when your traveling at 85mph, and you feel like you have to stop just to make sure everything is ok...
Old 04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

We're also experiencing the RPA reporting a flat tyre repeatedly - without there being any flat tyre/puncture at all.

-paasan
Old 04-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Members

I got the upgrade last week, and I've noticed two problems:

1. The adaptive headlights no longer swivel to follow the road. I have verified the switch is set to "Automatic" mode.

2. The trunk will not open from the key on the first press of the button. Now I need to press it 2 or 3 times before the trunk will open.

I didn't have either of these problems before the software upgrade. I took the car in origninally because of the "Increased Emissions-service engine soon" message. I'll call the dealer next week to ask about these new issues.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

Nice, an update that gives you more problems!!!!

Mine got the update today.

I am picking it up tomorrow.

I wonder what great things are in store for me now?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Members

My dealer informed me that the update would take 5 hours; however, later that day when I return to pick-up the car, I was told the car needed another day. This really made me upset, so the dealer loan me a new Z4. However, with all of the new problems posted I will make sure I keep the Z4 until they check/resolve every issue addressed on this posting.

Thanks for your updates on your problems with V11.1

Mack1
Old 04-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Guest_guest

I want to be won over, but these problems....

Quick Reply: software update