E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Software Integration Level

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Mark, I've gotten you this far right? So I've given you proof evidence that I know what I'm doing.
I feel like you're not taking my advice. I stated above that this has nothing to do with daten files! Ok, so now you've found out the hard way but I hope you didnt change anything else that will cause another issues that I'm not aware of. I know what your issue is and have known all the issues you will face in this.
You have so many posts covering different things but they're really the same thing. I'd be surprised if anyone knew more than me about any of this.

You could have just reached out to me or sent me a PM. Perhaps you do not like that I'm a no bullshit person? Very militant.
So anyway, now it's all fixed up for you, let me know if you have a problem and report it on one thread so you do not bombard the the forum with threads.

Also just because your modules haven't been updated doesn't mean that there is an "update" for them. The UIF will have the date you put on it. For instance if I set my clock on computer a different time and then flash it will have that date. So what does that say? Not too much.
Good luck.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I started and update the threads for people having teh same issues so they can see what was required to fix it, otherwise we never learn anything.
I appreiate your help with the issues but I think its important I open threads so people can find the fix to the same issues as I have done for other issues I found solutions in the threads.

I sent you a PM but SSS fails to connect to the car, here is the error.

Software Integration Level-sss_error.jpg

Any Clue?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i Sport 6 speed

Originally Posted by IrishLad
Hi,
I started and update the threads for people having teh same issues so they can see what was required to fix it, otherwise we never learn anything.
I appreiate your help with the issues but I think its important I open threads so people can find the fix to the same issues as I have done for other issues I found solutions in the threads.

I sent you a PM but SSS fails to connect to the car, here is the error.

Attachment 130758

Any Clue?

Thanks,
Mark
I had the same error when I used newer than v41 files, use v41 files to update your SSS it worked on mine
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ntuner
I had the same error when I used newer than v41 files, use v41 files to update your SSS it worked on mine
This has nothing to do with the files as I stated before. He's used v40 files and v45 files, that is not the issue. Issue is the head type. This is a MOST vehicle. Needs ICOM/A or OP(P)S so needs some configuration changes.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by IrishLad
Tried DATEN v40 but same result as original screen shot above...!
Hi this should have been v45, i have only used the default v32 that comes with SSS and also updated to v45 DATEN files.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Members

AchtungE60 <--

Questions:

IrishLad is trying to actually update the "firmware" of all of his modules on his car, correct? (This has nothing to do with daten files from what I gather from playing with mine.)

IS this SSS the same program that we see on IBM thinkpad T30's on Ebay?

Does this require an overnight update with a battery maintainer/charger etc?

Thanks,
Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

1. Yes. Well sort of. He did have modules updated with WINKFP. I set this tool up for him and he flashed some of his modules. Not sure how many. This was before Progman. The Problem is that without Progman you have to switch between modules and use different softwares for encoding and flashing. Progman is really all in one and a very simple GUI ...but at the same time it's picky so you have to resort to other engineering softwares.
2. No, he got his from some shareware site and he had to build it. I believe the Chinese T30 ones are just stand alone Progman(SSS)....in any case they're hacked up and wouldn't trust them. IrishLad is pretty savvy so I helped him put some polishing on it but if it were me, I would just junk it all lol.
3. It depends what you are doing. What happened in his situation is that his Car's status was not up to date. It appears that it was done with another machine/software and it threw things off so he had to throw v41 files (all 8gb) of them on the SSS which probably took a day or so and then it would tell him this car's status needs to be update. Once it does this it will re-encode all modules. Now if you are actually going to update software yes it will take a while and you should have a charger on hand to do this because it may tell you it will take 90 minutes but it could actually take 5 hours. Who knows. The 90 minutes is just a projection and shouldnt be relied on.
Some E36 simple DME updates took me up to 12 hours. Seriously. but after that.............smooth sailing

I got all mine here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Progman-...t_26247wt_1185
I got this one because I also have an E39 which is not yet Full OBD so I needed BMW port adapter which comes with it. And I also have an 2011 E90 that is in my family now and it works for all of them perfect. They gave me good tips on getting started and I got them on youtube so it worked out good for me. very painless.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Members

I have the correct cable from another thread here on the forum. it was ~100 shipped.

Guess I need to get my hands on the software. I do have an old ibm R51 and T40. Both same chipset just different video cards...