E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So What E60 options did You Pass On

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 50cal' date='Nov 1 2005, 12:42 AM
I fully agree with you on this one.? Why not just make this feature standard or don't even give me the start stop button without comfort access.? Ridiculous to have to still insert a key and then press the button.
That's how MB works, if you don't order keyless-go..........there is no start/stop button.

But I should say that the start/stop button on the Benz is on the shiftknob.

Where the start/stop button on the 5 is located conveniently right where the key slot is making for a very quick process. In my case, comes as 2nd nature (not a big deal at all).

If the start/stop button on the 5 was located on the shiftknob, now that would be a bit annoying.
[snapback]191713[/snapback]
I understand what you are saying and it's not a complicated process at all and it does become 2nd nature without confort access, however you still feel sort of silly having to insert that key and then press a button,

We all know it should be keys remain in your pocket, doors open when you take hold of the door handle, sit down and then press the button to start the engine (Lexus does this right with Smartaccess and it's standard on their new GS).
Old 10-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I also live in California, don't need cold weather package.
But cold weather package come with thicker steering wheel (more sporty feel). I wish I can get that.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Members

I regret not getting the 530i with the true Sports Package. I know I made the practical decision with the 530xi and know it's safer for me and my family during snowy winters, but I miss the firm ride, amazing handling and those 18" rims on nice wide tires look. Oh well, it's a sign of aging and next vehicle I will make sure to get the 530i RWD with Sports package.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Members

Options I didn't get:

1. Heated Rear Seats
2. Rear Seat Airbags
3. Fold-down Rear Seats
4. Active Cruise Control
5. Comfort Seats

The only one I regret not getting is the Comfort Seats. I like the way they look with the headrest and they fit a little more snug than the Sports Seats.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by das' date='Oct 31 2005, 04:39 PM
I regret not getting Illuminated Door Sills.

The only other options I didn't get were rear heated seats and rear side airbags...but no one is ever in the back seat, so I didn't see the point. I also didn't get Comfort Seats because I actually quite like the Sport Seats, and I don't drive long distances anyway.

But I haven't even gotten the car yet and I find myself thinking I should have gotten Illuminated Door Sills. Oh well, at least there's a pretty cheap retrofit kit for them.
[snapback]191253[/snapback]
Illuminated door sills are my pain. I did not get them even thru BMW Individual. I just wonder how you cud have got them in US (amber or white?) coz they(white) are available only as retrofit?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

I regret not getting Foldon Rear Seats as sometimes it helps when you got somethin large to fit in the trunk..
I dont care for:
1- Comfort access ($1000 just for you not to press a button, I dont think so
2- Cold weather pkg (not needed in florida )
3- HUD display (nah not worth it)
4- Active cruse control (just pay attention while you drive)

just my 2cents
Old 11-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 JET BLACK on BLACK SPORTS PACK 5ER, with RADENERGIE R-10's @ 20"

Living in Hawaii, I didn't need the cold weather package. Since my drive is about 20 min. one way, I didn't need the active cruise control. Even though I'm an audio/video nut(have a home theatre room in the house) I didn't get the logic 7. I kinda wanted the PDC (heard it was annoying after awhile), or the HUD(Which I think is really cool, I like cool gagdets). I didn't feel comfortable with the active steering. Xenon lights and the sports package were the only options I got and they were a must. I am waiting for the"NO NEED TO WASH OR WAX PAINT JOB" option from BMW. Maybe they'll have that in the works. Anyways, I am kinda envious of you guys in Europe and the mainland USA, where you can actually go for a "Road Trip", use your cruise control, or watch a whole movie in your car.
But I'm happy with my options.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Well I did not get the rear heated seats (kids in car seats would not feel them), shades (kids in car seats rip them out of the window I'm told), active cruise (scares me), heads up (I blew the money on comfort access instead) and comfort seats.

Car is ordered and if I don't stop hearing about these darn comfort seats, I'm going to have to change the order and add them!