E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So Many E60s (e61) Around Now..!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey this morning, i saw atleast 15 E60s this morning, just goes to show that there are so many, in fact i think that the 5ers will out sell the most popular 3ers.

In ref to the slander on thus thread, TO ALEXFW - well im not going to drop down to their level, why on earth have you tried to OFFEND ME?

Whats wrong with London UK?

Jabba, meeting up this weekend at SAINS Car park,??
Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Contributors

I'm in Manchester. We have lots of E60s here too. As for London I can't comment because I rarely travel down there (although I am there tomorrow spookily...!). Now E60Beemer, what you have to do is travel to every city in every country in the world and comment on the number of E60s you see in order not to offend the rest of us

So ... although they are great cars, are they becoming too common now and losing a bit of their appeal? Obviously it is good for BMW as a business, but as they start to release more "budget" versions of the E60 and also crappy lines in to their portfolio (1 series? please... just... no!), is the brand losing it's prestige image? I would say yes, a little, and I can't see it improving.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='469007' date='Sep 13 2007, 04:43 PM
Hey this morning, i saw atleast 15 E60s this morning, just goes to show that there are so many, in fact i think that the 5ers will out sell the most popular 3ers.

In ref to the slander on thus thread, TO ALEXFW - well im not going to drop down to their level, why on earth have you tried to OFFEND ME?

Whats wrong with London UK?

Jabba, meeting up this weekend at SAINS Car park,??
Yes, also think that alexfw's comments was uncalled for. This international forum is for the benefit of all e60 enthusiasts wherever you are in the world. I find this forum extremely useful and members to be very helpful. It also gives us an understanding of the country specific differences in the various forms of the e60.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 520d M-Sport / Silver Grey / Maple Wood / Black Dakota Leather / Heated Comfort Seats / Media Pack With Extended Voice Control / Space Saver Spare Wheel / Sun Protection Glass

I live in Grantham in Lincolnshire. Everytime I take the A52 to Nottingham I see at least 15 other M-Sport E60s over the 25 miles. Most are Silver or Silver-Grey and are on 56 or 07 plates. So yes, they are becoming far more common and bound to become even more so as they reduce their CO2 outputs even further! (For Non-UK brothers, Company Car Tax in the UK is based on CO2 Emissions)
Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Members

Hey all, yes i can comment on this also,

Many more E60/E61s around now, more so in 2007 then ever before, noticed black and silver, people are opting for M Sports models, ive noticed many E60 520ds like mine, but i beleiev they are better on mpg and performance.

Anyway just thought i,d share m view of the RAPID Increase of the E60, I STRONGLY think that there more E60s then E90s.

Not happy with ALEXFWs remark, whats worng with the UK?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Somewhat related, A London poster on M6board posted a list of 28 M6 license numbers (sufficiently obfuscated to not give them away). 28!! M6s and I'm sure he had not seen them all. Wow London must be BMW crazy

And I do appreciate localized (posters local area) posts. If I wasn't interested I would not have read (and posted) in this thread. I enjoy others views on these magnificent cars (Touring or otherwise )
Old 09-13-2007, 03:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='469012' date='Sep 13 2007, 09:53 AM
So ... although they are great cars, are they becoming too common now and losing a bit of their appeal? Obviously it is good for BMW as a business, but as they start to release more "budget" versions of the E60 and also crappy lines in to their portfolio (1 series? please... just... no!), is the brand losing it's prestige image? I would say yes, a little, and I can't see it improving.
People tend to notice the same make of car that they are driving more so than any other and that gives a slightly unbalanced perception. However, I think I agree. There are lots of them in Dublin as well. Almost too common. In the quest to ship more metal, BMW, as a prestige brand, will become more diluted as the numbers on the roads increase. I think that has happened to MB with the FWD A and B-classes. They should probably be trying to control numbers in some way to maintain the brand. I think this will now fall in to Lexus' hand as they have a smaller range and ship smaller numbers so maintain some rareity and won't appear as 'two-a-penny' items.

And it appears BMW are looking at introducing a smaller car with a BMW badge (smaller than a 1er). Will it be FWD or RWD? Probably FWD if they co-operate with MB. I thought that's why they held on to the MINI brand. A mechanism to ship a higher quality product than the other mainstream FWD cars such as VW/Fiat/Peugeot etc and charge a higher premium for it. I think they should be looking to expand the MINI concept and try to escape from the current MINI template of keeping it looking the same with each new model and leave BMW to produce cars higher up the scale
Old 09-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Members

My Ride: (June '05) E60 530d Sport, Silver Grey, Blk leather, Auto, BT, Comms package, 6-disk multichanger,.......£1302 for a dealer fitted towbar.........

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='469027' date='Sep 13 2007, 12:33 PM
Somewhat related, A London poster on M6board posted a list of 28 M6 license numbers (sufficiently obfuscated to not give them away). 28!! M6s and I'm sure he had not seen them all. Wow London must be BMW crazy

And I do appreciate localized (posters local area) posts. If I wasn't interested I would not have read (and posted) in this thread. I enjoy others views on these magnificent cars (Touring or otherwise )

+1
Old 09-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i & E39 540i (wifes car) AWAITING NEW 535d

looks as though this thread, is getting quite hot under the collar.

Many E60s around the DC area also, more common here are the 550i, 545i, we dont have diesil E60s here YET
not many M5s recently.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Members

My Ride: e60 530d 2006
Talking

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='468762
This is an internazional forum, not an english forum .
Are you able to find an english forum by yourself or do you need help ?
i am sure you don't mean that AlexFW, That really is not what we want to hear on this forum, i am new here, and am quite concerned with your remark. The UK is fine!

Quick Reply: So Many E60s (e61) Around Now..!