E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

so i have been told im crazy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545I M sport suspension Active Steering M sport interior Navi Low ride sports

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
Women act as though we are crazy for being careful with our cars etc. but how many of them are overly careful with shoes....hair....makeup....clothing....and some (my wife included) are careful with their cars too! We all have our OCD issues, it's just where and how they are applied that makes the difference!
+1 well said. thats exactly it. if were crazy about our cars. then their crazy about the shoes and purses, dresses, and all the rest of the mumbo jumbo nonsense. if we can tolerate their addictions then they can tolerate walking to the car. even if it is quite a walk. besides it was a nice day and walking is good cardio and the stairs we climbed was good for the legs. maybe i should have gotten the car but she had initially asked me to help her with the bags. but that was prior to her knowing the car was parked so far. i dont know maybe i was a dick. but i still got my shiny e60. ahaha
Old 04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

All of us are different in many ways, like age group, civil status, profession, race, creed, and principles. But one thing about being a member of this forum, we are all crazy about our cars and we all race the bar to keep it in pristine condition. With all that said, I don't see anything unusual about parking our car away from prospective danger.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545I M sport suspension Active Steering M sport interior Navi Low ride sports

Originally Posted by al_ongvano
All of us are different in many ways, like age group, civil status, profession, race, creed, and principles. But one thing about being a member of this forum, we are all crazy about our cars and we all race the bar to keep it in pristine condition. With all that said, I don't see anything unusual about parking our car away from prospective danger.
well said
Old 04-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum bronze metallic, automatic, cold weather package, fold down rear seats, iPod adapter

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
Women act as though we are crazy for being careful with our cars etc. but how many of them are overly careful with shoes....hair....makeup....clothing....and some (my wife included) are careful with their cars too! We all have our OCD issues, it's just where and how they are applied that makes the difference!
It's not a constant... My wife used to complain about my OCD-based parking habits. Then she got an E60 of her own. Suddenly she doesn't complain any more!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by DanP
It's not a constant... My wife used to complain about my OCD-based parking habits. Then she got an E60 of her own. Suddenly she doesn't complain any more!
That is simply a "Women's Prerogative" in action!!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

ummm SBrown712 I have no idea what you wrote about... your avatar is too distracting... what did you say... something about banging on the hood of your car... avatar.... banging....avatar...

Originally Posted by SBrown712
I'm pretty much the same way by parking way out or at least in the first or last spot in a lane.

So, what happens to me the other day driving to work? This truck in front of me throws up this rock, not a little pebble, and I do mean a rock. I see this thing coming at me but can't avoid it. It hits the front of the car right where the grill meets the hood and makes a small dent there. It then bounces up and to the right dents the hood and goes all the way down to primer. Then hits the hood again just before the back end of the hood and chips the paint. Lastly it hits the windshield but luckily does no damage to it. I'm guessing I can get the small dents repaired by the paintless dent repair guys but the front is going to need some paint work of some kind. No matter how protective of our cars we try to be something or someone is going to get us eventually.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

She'll have some dings in her ass when she gets older and your car will always look the same if you keep parking like that. bravo!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
She'll have some dings in her ass when she gets older and your car will always look the same if you keep parking like that. bravo!
so i think i have come to the conclusion that im not crazy. if im anything im sane and doing the right thing.