E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

so i have been told im crazy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do the same, always park in the most remote parking bay, the extra 1-2 mins walk is cheaper than dent repairs. And actually my wife now does the same thing with her car, but she need extra space to get kids in/out of car.

Was once parked in a very remote space eating my lunch in the car, when this guy parks right up next to me then stuggles to open his door and get out because he's so closly parked to me. Now, the thing is, there are about 300-400 empty spaces around me !!!!

Which just proves that you can never understand the behaviour of an asshole, not mater how hard you try. (example; poeple who say they ding remotely parked vehicle on purpose). People who damage cars maliciously, like that, only understand one thing...a wheel brace to the back of the head !! Not that I am recomending that course of action - it's just my opinion.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545I M sport suspension Active Steering M sport interior Navi Low ride sports

Originally Posted by higher
I do the same, always park in the most remote parking bay, the extra 1-2 mins walk is cheaper than dent repairs. And actually my wife now does the same thing with her car, but she need extra space to get kids in/out of car.

Was once parked in a very remote space eating my lunch in the car, when this guy parks right up next to me then stuggles to open his door and get out because he's so closly parked to me. Now, the thing is, there are about 300-400 empty spaces around me !!!!

Which just proves that you can never understand the behaviour of an asshole, not mater how hard you try. (example; poeple who say they ding remotely parked vehicle on purpose). People who damage cars maliciously, like that, only understand one thing...a wheel brace to the back of the head !! Not that I am recomending that course of action - it's just my opinion.
+1 well said. coudlnt agree with you more.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

Walking is good exercise anyway
Old 04-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i M Sport

It is just a car... I do not mean that it supposed to be all scratched up but come on... What would You do if You'd have a Bentley? You would park it in the garage and take a cab? It would be nice of You if You just pick her up. Don't act like You're 18 unless You are. Like I said it is just a car. Canr needs to look good. Let's just be nice, and act like a grown ups.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 535xi Sport
Model Year: 2009

Originally Posted by SBrown712
I'm pretty much the same way by parking way out or at least in the first or last spot in a lane.

So, what happens to me the other day driving to work? This truck in front of me throws up this rock, not a little pebble, and I do mean a rock. I see this thing coming at me but can't avoid it. It hits the front of the car right where the grill meets the hood and makes a small dent there. It then bounces up and to the right dents the hood and goes all the way down to primer. Then hits the hood again just before the back end of the hood and chips the paint. Lastly it hits the windshield but luckily does no damage to it. I'm guessing I can get the small dents repaired by the paintless dent repair guys but the front is going to need some paint work of some kind. No matter how protective of our cars we try to be something or someone is going to get us eventually.
Most of us buy them to drive them. I know I do. I'll accept the stone dings as a cost of driving. But to me, door dings are simple proof of inconsiderate, lazy, selfish people. I always park well away from most everyone else for that reason. A guy in an M6 started parking out by me recently and flagged me down one day to tell me Nice Car. He said he should have been parking out here all along and showed me the farily sizable whack right behind the passenger door (think large door, at the very end of it's travel with considerable force right behind the door - ugh!). He said he got it while parked close to the building.

My family thinks I'm nuts, too.

John Virnig

'07 550i SMG
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Members

What I would do is park somewhere safe but when it's too far for my passengers to walk, I pick up my car by my self and drive back to get my passengers.
Keeps everyone happy.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

In LA you park wherever you can get, but if I have a choice, I park far away. The gf just has to deal with it. If she complains I just tell her I'll sell my car and buy a sentra then I can park wherever I want. Then she complains no more.

You have to be a total dick to ding/dent a car on purpose that parks far away. But in Michael's aka acuteperformance's case, obviously he is kidding, but he does raise a good point.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

I don't see anything crazy here. Looks normal to me .

Old 04-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

You are not crazy for chosing a parking spot that keeps your ride clean.

But....in your shoes, given that you girl had so many bags, I would have offered to pick her up at the mall entrance. Then again, that's why my wife still tolerates me after over 13 years of marriage.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Women act as though we are crazy for being careful with our cars etc. but how many of them are overly careful with shoes....hair....makeup....clothing....and some (my wife included) are careful with their cars too! We all have our OCD issues, it's just where and how they are applied that makes the difference!

Quick Reply: so i have been told im crazy!!!!