E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So I almost picked up my e60 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='900703' date='Jun 4 2009, 07:51 AM
I had my plugs and belts installed with parts for 300 bucks, Oil changes are 80.00 with 12 of it being for the filter(you can do it annually or biannually). Brakes are the biggest ticket but again with the folks here the cost is reduced on parts and install.

Uh last thing I knew is that he the finance guy not a tech or lol the Idrive, I dont think he is any position to give you any service advice, That would be the service managers job! Dont let them use scare tactics on you.
A little off topic, but its funny, as finance guys they are still in the position of cross selling, but not scaring a customer away. When my sales guy walked me out he pretty much told me he didn't have a choice but to use this guy b/c nobody else was there. He told me that he tried bsing me and I was the wrong person to try and BS haha. I don't want to fully blame the guy b/c he brought up a few good points...but were they valid? I don't know, thats why I have you guys here
Old 06-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

I went in for a brake job at the dealer with my aftermarket wheels with hubspacers, lowered springs and aftermarket struts and not a peep.

now if you go in with a supecharger setup ,no cats and a gutted interior then yes possibly they wont work on the car
Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='900718' date='Jun 4 2009, 08:03 AM
I went in for a brake job at the dealer with my aftermarket wheels with hubspacers, lowered springs and aftermarket struts and not a peep.

now if you go in with a supecharger setup ,no cats and a gutted interior then yes possibly they wont work on the car
At the dealer for $300 bucks? That guy was really bsing me saying it was a $1400 job....
Old 06-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

no no a non dealer person, that was a tuneup for 300, brakes will set you around 800-900 installed parts and labor thru a non dealer person, thats a rough estimate maybe more if you plan to MOD you cant run from the mod bug....
Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Contributors

maybe its rotars + brake pads = 1,400$, not sure though. As its still pretty damn high
Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Within the next 24K miles you will need prob need a brake job too.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M sport

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='900619' date='Jun 4 2009, 08:30 AM
tried to BS too much. I got through all of the paper work except for the actual contract. Right before my contract he mentioned the extended maintenance program (i was trying to buy a 06 cpo).

Here is what he told me in the beginning:
1. If I do any of my maint. outside of a bmw dealership my warranty is automatically voided.
2. I need to purchase it the same day I sign my contract, in his words ( its like a chain, they go hand in hand)

Since I wasn't going to pick up the car till friday anyways, I said forget it and let me think about the maint. program before I sign any other program. At this point he knew he effed up and was trying to save himself. He went to get my sales guy and started changing his story.

New story:
1. I can get the service done outside of bmw as long as they are certified (he never once mentioned anything about certified techs)
2. All of a sudden he said ok just sign the paper and he will give me 24 hours to make my decision. I declined and then he said 1 week. I still declined.

The inconsistency of this guy really made me question who I can believe. My sales guy is awesome, but will he back me up in the future if they try and screw me out of a warranty job? I don't know. I gave him a scenario based on what the finance guy said....what if my car breaks down in the middle of no where and I needed to get it fixed and the only shop available was not a bmw dealership, than my warranty will get voided, which will make no sense in buying the car CPO.

The car has 35K on the clock. The free maint is over in 6 months. The next oil change service is in 8K miles, I highly doubt that I will have driven that many miles in 6 months (I average about 10K miles a year). The CPO is over in 12/2011.

Can somebody clear this up for me? Can I use an outside tech w/o voiding the warranty? Also what other maintenance will come up within 24K miles?

I was real disappointed when I left, I was at the dealership for 4 hours and left with nothing......

If you only drive 10k a year...it may not be worth it to buy the extended maintenance. Also, once you buy the car get friednly with your service advisor. They can change your brakes within 4ooo miles of when the idrive says to...but usually at the discretion of your SA...tha guy is a total douchebag and was trying to make his quota. Really, you should call BMW NA not just the dealer management...that will light a fire under his ass.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='900696' date='Jun 4 2009, 09:46 AM
Don't want to be a forum hogger haha. I realizedposted this up in the wrong section so I also posted it in the appropriate section (buying and leasing). But thanks for the replies. I was totally bummed. Don't get me wrong, I know you have to pay to play and I was ready for that, but within reason. The finance guy was telling me that I would have to get my brakes done soon which is a $1400 job and I'm sure that I can do it else where for much cheaper (probably can even do it myself), I just didn't want to get stuck with no other option other than a bmw dealership.

BTW, what are the upcoming major services that will come up and the approximate prices and maybe even a tech in socal you can recommend.
I read this thread, and man, I would take my business elsewhere! If you're buying a CPO, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NEED A BRAKE JOB SOON!!!! Why would you need anything soon? Ask them to walk through the CPO checklist with you. It makes no sense, all of this should be taken care of for you.

I bought my CPO, and brakes are not scheduled for 25k miles. I had the same mileage as you when I purchased mine. You did the right thing by walking out of there. Go somewhere else where they treat their customers with respect and honesty. Good luck!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman' post='900669' date='Jun 4 2009, 07:25 AM
Sorry to hear what happened. I believe you can pick up the extended manit program separately as long as you are within the original warranty. There is a dealer in Atlanta which sells the extended maint program online. Check out this link: www.twinkidneygrill.com/maint.html

whoops almost missed this link. definitely going to look more into it. I think this makes more sense, as long as I am still within the extended warranty, I should be able to buy it.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='900766' date='Jun 4 2009, 08:56 AM
I read this thread, and man, I would take my business elsewhere! If you're buying a CPO, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NEED A BRAKE JOB SOON!!!! Why would you need anything soon? Ask them to walk through the CPO checklist with you. It makes no sense, all of this should be taken care of for you.

I bought my CPO, and brakes are not scheduled for 25k miles. I had the same mileage as you when I purchased mine. You did the right thing by walking out of there. Go somewhere else where they treat their customers with respect and honesty. Good luck!

VERY GOOD POINT! I am going to look at the idrive more carefully. You're right, if its a CPO, everything should be ready to go. Anything else that I should look out for on the idrive?

I know I normally drive 10K a year, but what if I decide to buy it and its so great that I do much more than 10K .

Quick Reply: So I almost picked up my e60 yesterday