E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small AC repair, but a long story...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I took my car to the first normal service in Jan 30th this year, and since I had a small problem with the AC
I asked them to fix it at the same time.
The problem was that the fan did blow at medium speed no matter what.
They didn't fix the AC problem at that time, because "the time was too short"

Then I took the car in for the AC problem early morning the 26th of Feb, but in the evening they called me
that the car was nor ready yet.
Well, that was not a problem since a had a free loaner, a 116i.

Next day the car was ready. They had changed the AC fan and a regulator but they did not understand to
re-program the car, therefore they didn't get the job done in 1 day.

Everything OK, but they did brake a wood panel in the dash at the process. (See the first pic!)

After a month or so they called me and told they had revieved the part. So I drove to the service,
but the part was for a E60 with Nav, what I don't have.

Two weeks after that they called me again and said they now have the right part and for sure.
I drove the car to BMW Service, got a free loaner (318i) and they promised to wash the car inside and out
for free.
But when I sit in my very clean car, I realize the part is still wrong... (See pic two!)

I may get the right part next week (in June) and then they may fix the airbag problem at the same time,
see this!

Could it be possible that the airbag problem is caused by the panel changes???
Attached Thumbnails Small AC repair, but a long story...-oki_console.jpg   Small AC repair, but a long story...-uusi_paneeli.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Does anyone have a gray interior for the mach of my new but not black panel?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The gray panel is for gray interior.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Who the hell is you BMW dealer that you take it too? They have to be the most incompetent folks I have ever read about.
:thumbsdown:
Old 05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Contributors

I'm wondering also and the worst thing is, that this case is a fact with all details documented!

Did write to the CEO of BMW Suomi (Finland) yesterday, but have not recieved an answer yet...

I will not give up, because something is badly wrong here.

Why is it so impossible to get the right part?

The car is courtesy of BMW Suomi (a subsidiary of BMW Nordic) and delivered by Laakkonen.

They should have all the documentation of the car that is possible!