E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Silver-Gray vs Sapphire Black

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

I also have Silver Grey with Black interior and am happy with it. I like the way the various creases in the body catch the light. SG looks pretty good clean or dirty and from any distance.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DXXXi' date='Sep 22 2004, 01:26 PM
I also have Silver Grey with Black interior and am happy with it.? I like the way the various creases in the body catch the light.? SG looks pretty good clean or dirty and from any distance.
[snapback]37033[/snapback]

Totally agree with you!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Members

Talking

Hi Ruthless,

welcome aboard.

My favorite is Sapphire, having driven silver cars for 9 years before.

Have a look at my E61 in black ....

I like my babe

Regards

Jack-E61 (V8)

P.S. Don't succeed for any reason to upload, file is 500kB only - half I succeed once. I will try again later - Sorry

P.P.S. Now it rocks
Attached Thumbnails Silver-Gray vs Sapphire Black-img_0559_m2.jpg  
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Contributors

black with auburn seats
Old 09-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 22 2004, 12:40 PM
I have silvergray with the beige interior and it looks awesome!! Very satisfied with it..

Juan2mini can you show us a picture of the exterior color with a door open so we can see the interior.. I have never seen that combo for real and would love to see how it looks!
[snapback]37023[/snapback]
Thanks guys for the warm welcome and advice. All I can say is that I'm still torn between the two, but leaning hard with my instinct of Silver-Gray. By all means 530E60NL, send some pics with your door open so we can view that color combo, please . juan2mini send some of your combo, since that's the combo I'm leaning toward. Once again, Thanks for the welcome. Great Site, Lots of Info.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

RUTHLESS, I had the same dilema. It took me about 6 months to decide. There were a couple of things that helped me make the decision. 1. I have had a black car before and you HAVE to clean it all the time. I chose silver grey and I can go 2 weeks or so between cleanings. 2. Any scratch or stone ding shows up on black. It is almost invisible on the silver grey. 3. The lines on the front hood and down the side are not quite as noticeable on the black. I think they look more pronounced on the silver grey, especially at dusk.

Just my own person 2 cents worth.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Sep 22 2004, 06:08 PM
RUTHLESS, I had the same dilema. It took me about 6 months to decide. There were a couple of things that helped me make the decision. 1. I have had a black car before and you HAVE to clean it all the time. I chose silver grey and I can go 2 weeks or so between cleanings. 2. Any scratch or stone ding shows up on black. It is almost invisible on the silver grey. 3. The lines on the front hood and down the side are not quite as noticeable on the black. I think they look more pronounced on the silver grey, especially at dusk.

[snapback]37096[/snapback]
Thanks for the info skipper. I wish you post a couple photos of your cars interior with the door open, so I can view that color combo you have. And for all.... You best believe I will post my baby on the site as soon as I get her. O nce again Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Sep 22 2004, 05:19 PM
[quote name='skipper' date='Sep 22 2004, 06:08 PM']RUTHLESS, I had the same dilema. It took me about 6 months to decide. There were a couple of things that helped me make the decision. 1. I have had a black car before and you HAVE to clean it all the time. I chose silver grey and I can go 2 weeks or so between cleanings. 2. Any scratch or stone ding shows up on black. It is almost invisible on the silver grey. 3. The lines on the front hood and down the side are not quite as noticeable on the black. I think they look more pronounced on the silver grey, especially at dusk.

[snapback]37096[/snapback]
Thanks for the info skipper. I wish you post a couple photos of your cars interior with the door open, so I can view that color combo you have. And for all.... You best believe I will post my baby on the site as soon as I get her. O nce again Thanks for the advice.
[snapback]37104[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry, forgot to log on...Rookie Mistake
Old 09-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

I will post some pics over the next couple of days. I just like the silver grey for the reasons I stated above and becasue I think the beige interrior looks more luxurious especially with the poplar wood trim. That of course is just personal opinion and everyone else has their own likes and dislikes.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait for the pictures. Can you guys post it ASAP? :'(

Quick Reply: Silver-Gray vs Sapphire Black