E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Should this be covered under warranty? Or I am being screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535xi, short shifter, no CDV

If my car under warranty and the battery thing happens to me... I will file BBB case if dealer and BMW NA is not cover it.

File a BBB case, state car has electronic malfunction problem. My guess, BMW NA will replace your battery immediately once BBB forward the case to them.

You can file a BBB case online, my friend told me it is pretty straight forward.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Mine died Sat. not only the battery but the Alt as well. From the service writer if your in the 4yr/50k your covered, if your in the cpo your not covered on the battery but on certain items theres a deductable.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Members

I got the same thing going on right now. My '06 530xi is in the shop for the exact same thing. The stupid battery died on me and it's not like I let it sit for an entire month either. 1-2 weeks max it sat in my garage. I too and from Canada at the dealership is feeding me the same bullshit you guys are talking about. They're saying that I didn't drive it enough and that's why the battery died and it is not covered under warranty. I'm not paying the $480 to get a new battery and pay for the labour. Let me know how it works out for you kobe because I have the EXACT same thing with stupid BMW Canada. Let me know what actions I should take so I don't replace it out of my pocket if it works out for you.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 50LID' post='934353' date='Jul 6 2009, 03:54 PM
I got the same thing going on right now. My '06 530xi is in the shop for the exact same thing. The stupid battery died on me and it's not like I let it sit for an entire month either. 1-2 weeks max it sat in my garage. I too and from Canada at the dealership is feeding me the same bullshit you guys are talking about. They're saying that I didn't drive it enough and that's why the battery died and it is not covered under warranty. I'm not paying the $480 to get a new battery and pay for the labour. Let me know how it works out for you kobe because I have the EXACT same thing with stupid BMW Canada. Let me know what actions I should take so I don't replace it out of my pocket if it works out for you.
oh well, i am feeling pretty frustrated now. I called the BMW Canada this morning talked to a guy on the phone, he put me on hold for like 20 min, then he said he has to call me back, since he needs to talk to the dealer directly. So I waited the whole day and got no phone call. I called in again, got to that guy's voice mail , left message, didnt get a return phone call so far....

i just wrote to BMW AG, which I believe is their main office, complain my case, hope that works.

and for filing to BBB, does that really works?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='934341' date='Jul 6 2009, 03:43 PM
Mine died Sat. not only the battery but the Alt as well. From the service writer if your in the 4yr/50k your covered, if your in the cpo your not covered on the battery but on certain items theres a deductable.
yes, my car's still under standard 4 years warranty
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Contributors

keep pushing it

i got bmw na to replace mine for free and it was under CPO which deff didnt cover it at the time

but they sold me the car and two months later, dead battery and i drove it a lot

keep pushing for a new battery
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Ian
Members

My Ride: 530D SE

As a guide, I had my battery changed. My son did it and the standard non-BMW battery cost me about ?80 here in the UK. So if worst comes to the worst, it shouldn't cost too much at an independant dealer.

Hope you get sorted soon!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Members

BBB works great, I filed a claim with them for a problem I had with Jiffy Lube and the corporate office contacted me immediately and paid me what I was asking for. You can do it online; it took me 20 minutes max. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Members

I have my car in to the dealer yesterday for the exact same symptoms being described here. "Increased battery discharge", time/date reset, CD changer cycles on startup, keyless entry stops working.

I drive very modestly, about 5 miles each way to work. And some weekend driving for longer distances.

I'll let folks know what happens with the dealer.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by omszz' post='935204' date='Jul 7 2009, 12:59 PM
I have my car in to the dealer yesterday for the exact same symptoms being described here. "Increased battery discharge", time/date reset, CD changer cycles on startup, keyless entry stops working.

I drive very modestly, about 5 miles each way to work. And some weekend driving for longer distances.

I'll let folks know what happens with the dealer.
I?ve done some research into this area with the help of some technical folks at BMW. The reason that comfort access, the clock, and other things stop working is to protect the battery. It recognizes that there may be a problem and takes steps to ensure that you will be able to start the car in most instances.

Quick Reply: Should this be covered under warranty? Or I am being screwed?