E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's heeeeeere....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Here's a link to my preliminary findings after a very quick test drive...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=42391
Old 07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
UDM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='444662' date='Jul 8 2007, 12:01 AM
If you want ventilated front seats, you have to have the Nasca leather option. The Nasca leather is a bit softer and it has the perforations in it that allow the air to flow through. Bottom line -- the ventilated seats are expensive because you have to go with the $1,850 Nasca price plus the $1,025 ventilated price. Also, you need the comfort seats which in my case was included in the sport package but normally they cost another $1,090.

Active cruise control is the option that uses a radar signal to "latch on" to a car ahead while cruising. The car will "actively" adjust your speed according to how fast the car ahead goes (up to your preset cruise speed.) In other words, it'll automatically slow down if it detects that you're gaining too much ground on the car ahead. For model year 2008, the active cruise features a "stop and go" feature that will take the car down to a full stop and back up to speed again if the situation calls for it.

Why no M5? Because I like my toys. There's no way an M5 equipped similarly would be in the same price range. I chose a loaded 550 over a not so loaded M5. To me, as much as I'd love to have an M5, it was a no-brainer to go the route I went...

Dude, not to crap in your soup, but why not just order a 750i Sport? Comes with Nasca Countour seats, 20inch wheels, NAV and a bunch more stuff standard, AND get a much more luxurious ride and you can lease it for LESS???
Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by UDM' post='448966' date='Jul 17 2007, 02:52 PM
Dude, not to crap in your soup, but why not just order a 750i Sport? Comes with Nasca Countour seats, 20inch wheels, NAV and a bunch more stuff standard, AND get a much more luxurious ride and you can lease it for LESS???
Who said anything about wanting a luxurious ride? I could have had a Lexus for less.

As they say, "You get what you pay for..."
Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

Shall we start another thread just to keep you on your toes?

ABC
Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Members

I'm sure that comment was meant well UDM and I fully appreciate differences in opinion.. that's what makes the world go 'round after all....

....but did you just ask Rudy why he didn't get a 7 series?!!! ..and there I thought we were all here because we shared a common interest (the perfect balance of sedan / killer-sized sports car-ish-ism..
I've had friends periodically say things to me like "dude, you realize you could've gotten a seven?!" My old response (out of pity for their ignorance is ) - because it's just something they'll obviously
not understand.
The point is.. would YOU prefer to drive a seven? Not IIIIII said the pink pig.

Nevertheless - cheers mate.

-j
Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
UDM
Members

Originally Posted by thesasquatch' post='449150' date='Jul 18 2007, 01:14 AM
I'm sure that comment was meant well UDM and I fully appreciate differences in opinion.. that's what makes the world go 'round after all....

....but did you just ask Rudy why he didn't get a 7 series?!!! ..and there I thought we were all here because we shared a common interest (the perfect balance of sedan / killer-sized sports car-ish-ism..
I've had friends periodically say things to me like "dude, you realize you could've gotten a seven?!" My old response (out of pity for their ignorance is ) - because it's just something they'll obviously
not understand.
The point is.. would YOU prefer to drive a seven? Not IIIIII said the pink pig.

Nevertheless - cheers mate.

-j
Frankly, if it weren't for the lack of manual transmission (a must for me) I would absolutely consider a 750i Sport. The car is LEAGUES above a 5 series in terms of luxury, yet sacrifices NOTHING where performance/handling is concerned. In my experience the 750i Sport performed BETTER in certain performance aspects as well, such as directional stability and reduced/lack or squat/dive during hard acceleration/braking. Indeed, I was amazed at how nimble and balanced the big car felt when pushed, it seemed to shrink in size as the speeds build and g-forces increase. So singing the 'virtues' of a smaller, 'perfectly balanced' 5 series vs 7 are categorically mythical and/or misinformed.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by UDM' post='449176' date='Jul 18 2007, 12:15 AM
Frankly, if it weren't for the lack of manual transmission (a must for me) I would absolutely consider a 750i Sport. The car is LEAGUES above a 5 series in terms of luxury, yet sacrifices NOTHING where performance/handling is concerned. In my experience the 750i Sport performed BETTER in certain performance aspects as well, such as directional stability and reduced/lack or squat/dive during hard acceleration/braking. Indeed, I was amazed at how nimble and balanced the big car felt when pushed, it seemed to shrink in size as the speeds build and g-forces increase. So singing the 'virtues' of a smaller, 'perfectly balanced' 5 series vs 7 are categorically mythical and/or misinformed.
Touche' my friend. I'll keep an open mind.

-J
Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
UDM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='449030' date='Jul 17 2007, 05:29 PM
Who said anything about wanting a luxurious ride? I could have had a Lexus for less.

As they say, "You get what you pay for..."

As a matter of fact, you're right, you could have had the new LS460L with Mark Levinson and NAV for about the same money. I drove one....an engineering marvel. If I was shopping for a full size sedan with auto transmission I would probably buy one, the car is THAT good.....But so is 550i Sport in Alphine White with Ventilated Beige Nasca ....
Old 07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
UDM
Members

Originally Posted by thesasquatch' post='449177' date='Jul 18 2007, 02:18 AM
Touche' my friend. I'll keep an open mind.

-J
Keeping an open mind is a smart man's domain. One never knows what could be learned/discovered.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by UDM' post='449178' date='Jul 18 2007, 02:20 AM
...But so is 550i Sport in Alphine White with Ventilated Beige Nasca ....
Another touche!