E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Bulletin on problems updating with CIP 19.x

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

This seems to confirm some members experience with CIP updates.

Also note that it appears BMW is changing the convention on the software upgrade title from CIP to PROGMAN xx.xx.xx

SI B 09 11 05
Programming/Coding Explanations December 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
CCC Fails to Program with CIP 19.x

MODEL
E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
While updating the software on the CCC (Car Communication Computer), one or more of the CCC components fails to program. Various CoApi fault codes are displayed in the Final Report. It is no longer possible to communicate with or reprogram the module using CIP. No sub menus are displayed in CIP when the control module text is displayed in red.

CAUSE
CIP application logistics error.

PROCEDURE

Perform a battery reset on the vehicle for 15 minutes.

Restart CIP and when asked "Have control modules been replaced?" Answer "Yes" and mark off all 5 components of the CCC.

Follow the CIP prompts until programming is finished.

If programming still does not complete successfully, submit FASTA data along with a PuMA case to the Electrical Group Hotline.

With the release of Progman 20.00.00 this error has been corrected.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Defect Code
Refer to KSD

Labor Operation:
Refer to KSD

Labor Allowance:
Refer to KSD
Old 01-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='218761' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:48 PM
This seems to confirm some members experience with CIP updates.

Also note that it appears BMW is changing the convention on the software upgrade title from CIP to PROGMAN xx.xx.xx

SI B 09 11 05
Programming/Coding Explanations December 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
CCC Fails to Program with CIP 19.x

MODEL
E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
While updating the software on the CCC (Car Communication Computer), one or more of the CCC components fails to program. Various CoApi fault codes are displayed in the Final Report. It is no longer possible to communicate with or reprogram the module using CIP. No sub menus are displayed in CIP when the control module text is displayed in red.

CAUSE
CIP application logistics error.

PROCEDURE

Perform a battery reset on the vehicle for 15 minutes.

Restart CIP and when asked "Have control modules been replaced?" Answer "Yes" and mark off all 5 components of the CCC.

Follow the CIP prompts until programming is finished.

If programming still does not complete successfully, submit FASTA data along with a PuMA case to the Electrical Group Hotline.

With the release of Progman 20.00.00 this error has been corrected.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Defect Code
Refer to KSD

Labor Operation:
Refer to KSD

Labor Allowance:
Refer to KSD
Thanks much cd. I guess I got lucky with 19.01.01. "And, the beat goes on." Will it never stop? Is Siemens VDO really this bad? Well, yes, I know that it is very difficult to write perfect software. But, it would be nice if S VDO could just make small errors for a while. OK, I'll give them one big one every 10 years. I wonder what our 20.x.x "beaster eggs" will be.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with software is that when new features are added, new bugs are introduced. Some has regression bugs, but are rare at final production.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport, Mystic Blue, Dakota leather,Professional Navigation,BMW Assist, Blue Tooth Prep +telematics, 6 Disc Changer, ML/Alloy 8jx18", Graduated Tint windscreen, Auto-Dim Int + folding Mirrors, Comfort Seats - Electric, Through Load system inc Ski Bag, Bi Xenon Headlights plus washer system, Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, HiFi Speaker System, Fitted Floor Mats, clear bra

This may explain why my car had to be kept in overnight after re-programming for an aux input. Garage phoned and told me they were having problems with the reprogram and would have to start over.

Thanks for that one.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by marksas' post='218802' date='Jan 3 2006, 05:44 PM
This may explain why my car had to be kept in overnight after re-programming for an aux input. Garage phoned and told me they were having problems with the reprogram and would have to start over.

Thanks for that one.
On some of the reprograming when they are finished from what I understand they have to let the car go into the sleep mode,when the computer wakes up then they can tell if the reprograming is ok. Sometimes its not ok and they have to do it over again. Good luck.
cheers
vern