E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serius Deleted

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 545i is a June 11 build,and was shipped yesterday.
I have Nav. so they deleted Serius pre-wire because of the incompatabity between the two.Don't understand why the wiring could not be done so Serius could have been added at a later date. My dealer says it will be very difficult to add Serius later, if possible at all. As my name indicates, I am a huge JAZZ fan, and Serius and XM Radio are about the only places you can hear jazz on the air in most of the US.Here in the New York City area there are two jazz stations that play real jazz,WBGO out of Newark, New Jersey (88.3 FM) and WKCR out of Columbia University in New York City (89.9 FM).When traveling outside the area there is almost zero.
Guess CD's will have to do, or an add on XM which would not go through I-Drive and clutter up the dash.Got the Logic 7, so at least the sound will be terrific.
Very Dissapointed!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally understand your frustration.

I had a Fall 2003 build on my 545i and had the car prewired for SAT Radio. NAV was unavailable from the factory at that time. Really disappointing to have heard AT THE TIME of delivery that they were not compatible.

I recently had NAV retro fitted at the dealer and your point is making me wonder if I am already prewired for SAT and now have NAV, how are they co-existing?

Question for the dealer when I see him.

If you are over in Chicago, make sure you check out the GREEN MILL --- good jazz! I am sure you have heard of it.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car was built in june as well. and i have nav, so i won't get the satellite radio wiring. this really bothers me because of the inconsistent model available options in different time periods.