E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Secondary Air Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 09:18 PM
New Members

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, premium package, 6sp manual, cold package, navigation package.
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Loose-c-Cannon
I would suspect you are one lucky individual for having 205k without issue. Times running out!
Being an engineer, I don't believe in luck!
Respectfully, Bob P.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:14 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by FormerE30Owner

Also, you have not answered my question about why I haven't had any such problems and probably many others haven't had the problem.
Same reason you claim to have owned several BMWs while never having one leak a single drop of oil; you're delusional.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:12 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, premium package, 6sp manual, cold package, navigation package.

Originally Posted by KyleB
Same reason you claim to have owned several BMWs while never having one leak a single drop of oil; you're delusional.
I have only claimed that I never had UNUSUAL amounts of oil leaks, not "never having a single drop of oil". I will accept the answer that I must be a very lucky person, however, instead of being called a liar!
With respect, Bob P.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:51 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Stock 2004 545I Sport

Originally Posted by KyleB

Kyle! How the heck you been man... Long while no talk.

My experience with Engineers is that they seem to think their designs​ are flawless or otherwise cannot be improved. However, it is somewhat unusual for them to apply the same logic to other engineers designs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how the hell does your flawless little car solve the situation? Is my car going to fix itself because yours doesn't have the issue? I guess the term 'recall' shouldn't exist because engineers designs are without fault right? C'mon man.... Using Inferior materials is in of its self a design flaw. Explain to me how the use of biodegradable rubber seals all over this car is not a design flaw, and I WILL show you a liar. Same goes for your stupid Inferior rubber valve seals, and dont get me started on the idiotic coolant transfer tube. Im not one to stand here with my twig and berries flopping in the wind and not do something about it because 'your' car doesn't have that issue. Rediculous.

If your not part of the solution... You are part of them problem!

Last edited by Loose-c-Cannon; 07-28-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:25 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Loose-c-Cannon
Kyle! How the heck you been man... Long while no talk.

My experience with Engineers is that they seem to think their designs​ are flawless or otherwise cannot be improved. However, it is somewhat unusual for them to apply the same logic to other engineers designs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how the hell does your flawless little car solve the situation? Is my car going to fix itself because yours doesn't have the issue? I guess the term 'recall' shouldn't exist because engineers designs are without fault right? C'mon man.... Using Inferior materials is in of its self a design flaw. Explain to me how the use of biodegradable rubber seals all over this car is not a design flaw, and I WILL show you a liar. Same goes for your stupid Inferior rubber valve seals, and dont get me started on the idiotic coolant transfer tube. Im not one to stand here with my twig and berries flopping in the wind and not do something about it because 'your' car doesn't have that issue. Rediculous.

If your not part of the solution... You are part of them problem!
You win. I can't discuss facts with irrational people and their irrelevant rants.