Need help with Satellite radio. - 5Series.net - Forums


E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
New Members
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Greenbrier, TN
Posts: 31
Default Need help with Satellite radio.

I have the Satellite radio module in the trunk, but there's no option to select it on my CCC. I'd like to get a subscription to Sirius if I can figure this out. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with Satellite radio.-20170715_222317.jpg   Need help with Satellite radio.-20170715_222528.jpg   Need help with Satellite radio.-20170715_222501.jpg  

Last edited by grip grip; 07-15-2017 at 07:50 PM.
grip grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:30 AM   #2
Members
Senior Members
 
KyleB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 2,350
Default

did you install it or was it there when you bought the car?
KyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #3
New Members
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Greenbrier, TN
Posts: 31
Default

It was there when I bought the car.
grip grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:24 AM   #4
Members
Senior Members
 
KyleB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 2,350
Default

you need to check your VO and CCC coding to make sure the car is programmed properly to recognize the Sirius module. There are several threads out there detailing how to do this. good luck.
KyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
New Members
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Greenbrier, TN
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleB View Post
you need to check your VO and CCC coding to make sure the car is programmed properly to recognize the Sirius module. There are several threads out there detailing how to do this. good luck.
Thanks, but as usual I seem to be screwed until I can get INPA working on my laptop. Maybe next time you're in Nashville, you can stop by and give me a hand with getting it to work.
grip grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
New Members
 
BostonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 335
Default

hate to state the obvious here, but have you tried unplugging the MOST connection and antenna cable and plugging them back in? I had to disconnect my SAT receiver to service the hydraulic pump for the liftgate (i have an E61) and it disappeared from the CCC, but when I plugged it back in, it re-appeared.

if that doesnt work, I think KyleB's advice is spot on - make sure it's actually coded to the car.
BostonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:48 AM   #7
Members
Senior Members

 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlantic Beach, Fl
Posts: 272
Default

With a VIN decoding, you could see if car originally had SAT when it lift assembly line.

https://www.bmwvin.com
jtbgonesailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
New Members
Thread Starter

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Greenbrier, TN
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJon View Post
hate to state the obvious here, but have you tried unplugging the MOST connection and antenna cable and plugging them back in? I had to disconnect my SAT receiver to service the hydraulic pump for the liftgate (i have an E61) and it disappeared from the CCC, but when I plugged it back in, it re-appeared.

if that doesnt work, I think KyleB's advice is spot on - make sure it's actually coded to the car.
I'll give that a shot tomorrow when I get the car back from the dent guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbgonesailing View Post
With a VIN decoding, you could see if car originally had SAT when it lift assembly line.

https://www.bmwvin.com
The VIN decoder shows the following: "S693 Preparation BMW satellite radio". I recently had the CCC repaired on ebay, and I believe they neglected to flash it for Sat radio. I emailed them and they agreed to do it for free.

Does S693 mean my car came OEM with everything needed to run satellite radio? If my car is S693, does that mean a simple CCC recode will give me satellite radio?

Last edited by grip grip; 07-17-2017 at 06:54 PM.
grip grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #9
New Members

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 848
Default

It means your car was cabled for a future install of the module. All you should have to do is get it coded at this point since you have the module. "Preparation" means that the cables have been ran.
seanjordan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #10
New Members
 
BostonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjordan20 View Post
It means your car was cabled for a future install of the module. All you should have to do is get it coded at this point since you have the module. "Preparation" means that the cables have been ran.
correct. 655 was for the satellite radio install.
BostonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:52 PM.


All content Copyright 2012 by Internet Brands, Inc.