E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

On my car I hear, not always, not everyday, a very annoying vibration noise (I mean the noise originated but something vibrating) apparently coming from the passenger's seat. When the seat is occupied, no vibrations.

It comes up especially on rough surface and over bumps and I can see the seat backrest vibrating. My dealer wasn't able to fix it (I think they are totally fed up with me!).

Anybody lived the same experience? Any suggestion in how to fix the problem?

I trust on the forumers more than on BMW technical service!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Sorry, mistake : originated BY something vibrating
Old 09-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

The only noises I get are from the driver's seat. Usually accompanied by an odd odor.
(sorry, I just couldn't resist)
Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 525iA Build 2004/08. "Safirschwartz Metallic". Navi Pro, Adaptive Headlights, Bi-Xenon, Panorama Sunroof etc... CIP 18.00.01 (No noticed bug)

These vibrations often are related to tha fact that the whole care is vibrating (more or less). If the resonance frequenzy of your car is the same as the seat's, the seat will start to vibrate in an "escalated" pattern. Try to put something heavy (2-5 lb's) in the seat pocket of your passanger's seat and note if vibrations are dampered. If that's the case - tell your dealer and he might have a clue how to attack the problem! I had similar problems with my former E39, but they disappeared when I put "stuff" in the seat pocket.

(Be glad your E60 is not an airplane! That kind of vibration could actually tear the wings off....)
Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Check your passenger seat belt buckle(the one on the belt). I have this problem of noise and it originates from there.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Sep 15 2005, 07:55 PM
Check your passenger seat belt buckle(the one on the belt).? I have this problem of noise and it originates from there.
[snapback]170997[/snapback]
Yeah, that was my thought also. When I pull the seat belt and fasten it, I don't hear any noise/vibration. But I can't understand WHAT is making it vibrating.

In any case, many thanks.