E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seatbelt ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by andy535xi' post='725577' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:33 PM
That is insane, I can't believe that would actually sell that. BTW did you guys know that about about 90 seconds, the seatbelt chime goes away. "A friend" I know, was very drunk in a passenger seat to the point where he could not put on his seatbelt (passed out), and if you tried to wake him up he would feel nauseous and almost threw up. So after driving for more than 90 seconds the seatbelt chime went away. But they were very very annoying 90 seconds.

IceyTy: "+100 I whole heartedly agree, if a grown person decides not to wear his seatbelt that his choice whether it be dumb or not, a minor thats a different story."
In Ontario, health benefits are free when you pay taxes. No one knows exactly how much he/she pays to the government annually to "fix" people who have been in accidents, etc. However, if some dumb F$%^ chooses to not wear a seatbelt, then crashes and everyone's money has to be spent on his rehab for the rest of his miserable life, then I certainly have a problem with that.

On top of that, family and friends will be devestated, lives ruined, only because he/she felt that wearing a seatbelt should be a freedom of choice.
Seatbelts save lives - Period.

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_KwejdZTKA
Andy your preaching to the choir, I know Id feel much safer in an accident having my seatbelt on, which is why I do wear one. However I dont think the goverment should force its will on individul states and people by forcing a person to wear a seat belt. I am not anti-goverment in the least, however when the United States was born the idea was all states were suppossed to be able to govern themselves as individuals. However when it comes to seat belts, lowering the BAC content or even the legal speed limit. (Not saying any of the previous are not good rules) If a state does not want to go along with what the goverment wants as a whole, what the goverment does is threaten the state with pulling federal Hwy funds, which to me is a form of blackmail and against what this whole country was founded on, a states' individuality, and that I am not for.

So to go back to something tprenaldo mentioned about the whole 50 states thing, it wasnt becuase the entire country felt that way, it was because the goverment forced all states to comply in some shape for form, which to me is Un-American. Up there in Canada small amounts of marijuna is legal from what I hear, and recently the City of Denver recenlty made it legal, yet the state law is currently trumping what the local voters voted to approve and in reality is still really illegal. When I look at a situation like that, its taking the power from the people's hands, which was the intent of the right to vote. Some elementary schools are now not letting kids run during recess for fear the kid might fall down and hurt himself, and the school be found liable... are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! We all grew up playin tag on the playground Just crap like that!

Sorry let me get off my high horse on this one, because I could go on an on. I just think there's somethings that we as grown folks still should have a say so in what we do. I love this country will all my heart but really there are too many laws, and its too damn easy to sue anyone for anything.

Sorry fellas...early morning rant with too much Coffee...but now I do feel better!

FIGHT THE TICKET MAN!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='726387' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:47 AM
Andy your preaching to the choir, I know Id feel much safer in an accident having my seatbelt on, which is why I do wear one. However I dont think the goverment should force its will on individul states and people by forcing a person to wear a seat belt. I am not anti-goverment in the least, however when the United States was born the idea was all states were suppossed to be able to govern themselves as individuals. However when it comes to seat belts, lowering the BAC content or even the legal speed limit. (Not saying any of the previous are not good rules) If a state does not want to go along with what the goverment wants as a whole, what the goverment does is threaten the state with pulling federal Hwy funds, which to me is a form of blackmail and against what this whole country was founded on, a states' individuality, and that I am not for.

So to go back to something tprenaldo mentioned about the whole 50 states thing, it wasnt becuase the entire country felt that way, it was because the goverment forced all states to comply in some shape for form, which to me is Un-American. Up there in Canada small amounts of marijuna is legal from what I hear, and recently the City of Denver recenlty made it legal, yet the state law is currently trumping what the local voters voted to approve and in reality is still really illegal. When I look at a situation like that, its taking the power from the people's hands, which was the intent of the right to vote. Some elementary schools are now not letting kids run during recess for fear the kid might fall down and hurt himself, and the school be found liable... are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! Just crap like that!

Sorry let me get off my high horse on this one, because I could go on an on. I just think there's somethings that we as grown folks still should have a say so in what we do. I love this country will all my heart but really there are too many laws, and its too damn easy to sue anyone for anything.

Sorry fellas...early morning rant with too much Coffee...but now I do feel better!

FIGHT THE TICKET MAN!

Alllllllllllllll Righty then, just a tad too much coffee this morning!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535XIT Space Gray, Cream Beige LeatherCold Weather, Premium, Auto, Rear Side Window Shapes, Heated Rear Seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by tprenaldo' post='725166' date='Nov 19 2008, 11:28 AM
I'll agree with the fact that there is too much government intrusion into our lives aka Big Brother, V for Vendetta. Furthermore if the insurance companies were set up like the military in that if something happens to you due to your own negligence then you don't reap the rewards of an insurance payout, then that attitude would work.

However, the rest of the civilian world doesn't work that way. I, we all pay for each others insurance. Ask your insurance company. All those uninsured motorists out there, we pay for. If I never get a traffic citation or involved in a traffic collision(that's right collision, no such thing as an accident!) do you think my insurance will lower my rates? Your insurance rates are not just based on your record in a vacum, it's based on the demographics in the area you live and drive.

So if the insurance companies would just get on board with the military, and not pay out when you decide not to adhere to the rules of the road, then I would agree with your statement.

On the issue of your seatbelt citation, like I've always said, take it to court. Always go to court on any citation you receive!
It is clear that smoking is more of a health risk and that legal?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='726387' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:47 AM

FIGHT THE TICKET MAN!
wow! hahahaha go on brotha... i love this thread!!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Not to add fuel to the fire but there are significant consequences to not wearing your seatbelt not just for you, but for anyone you may collide with. After all, if you're not restrained, whats stopping you from flyin out the windshield and knockin someone down..

For chrissake...wear the damn belt and move on. I hope that DING from the iDrive haunts you when you sleep at night!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='726740' date='Nov 20 2008, 04:39 PM
Not to add fuel to the fire but there are significant consequences to not wearing your seatbelt not just for you, but for anyone you may collide with. After all, if you're not restrained, whats stopping you from flyin out the windshield and knockin someone down..

For chrissake...wear the damn belt and move on. I hope that DING from the iDrive haunts you when you sleep at night!
actually i bought the seatbelt canceller so i dont have to hear that sh!t anymore....then i got creative and carved another out of plexiglass for the passenger seat. if im gonna get knocked around during an accident damn sure the passenger is too.

just so you guys and gals know if you let the seatbelt chime without the seat belt fastened it will stop after 30 chimes
Old 11-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='726947' date='Nov 20 2008, 08:05 PM
actually i bought the seatbelt canceller so i dont have to hear that sh!t anymore....then i got creative and carved another out of plexiglass for the passenger seat. if im gonna get knocked around during an accident damn sure the passenger is too.

just so you guys and gals know if you let the seatbelt chime without the seat belt fastened it will stop after 30 chimes
Wow - you must've counted each one!! I didn't know that.... Not that I care cos mine only chimes once or twice till I plug my seatbelt in!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Unhappy

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='727633' date='Nov 21 2008, 11:29 AM
Wow - you must've counted each one!! I didn't know that.... Not that I care cos mine only chimes once or twice till I plug my seatbelt in!!!
i realized that it stopped eventually so i wanted to see how many times.....im a loser
Old 11-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='727649' date='Nov 21 2008, 10:50 AM
i realized that it stopped eventually so i wanted to see how many times.....im a loser
Why should anyonoe get a ticket for only putting themselves in danger? If one thinsk he/she can restraint from flying out the windshield in an accident without seatbelts, by all means, do not wear one. It is a different story if your passengers do not were seatbelts.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributors

this post has been retired for about a month now but im happy to say that the cop never entered the ticket and im $120 richer for it.....i love NYPD incompetance.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt ticket...