E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt chime " Game Over "

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 07:02 PM

NOT SAFE AND NOT COOL at all.
Why do this to yourself???
Old 10-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 21 2004, 09:01 PM
BTW the driving in the garage bit is BS.? The first chime goes away immediately.? The repetitive chime starts later,? its either speed or time dependent,? i.e either after you hit 15mph or have been driving for 2 or 3 minutes.? I think its the latter.
[snapback]47756[/snapback]
Not necessarily true. It depends on what software version you have. Currently, our binging comes on as soon as you start the car, even before it is out of neutral (6 spd). So you have to put your seatbelt on even before you turn the key, which, even though I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, is INCREDIBLY annoying. I like to get in, get settled, fix my coat, check my mirrors, etc... before I put my seatbelt on. The binging method has changed with each software version.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Contributors

He is going to do it if he wants. Nothing you can say will change it. I say let them do it. I hope an accident never comes to them but if it does an investigation will prove them at fault and they will then pay the penalty, hopefulyy not the ultimate penalty. But he also said he uses them to pull from the garage and park outside.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Senior Members

It's like the helmet law in Hawaii, or a lack of I should say. Motorcycle ridres are not required to wear a helmet in hawaii (right Alohalc?).

I also thought about this as a resolution. Sometimes it's not that u dont wear your seat belt, it's when someone got off the seat, u drive off, and the computer somehow still thinks someone is on the seat and start chime-ing. While youre still driving, it is difficult to reach over for the seat belf and buckle it.

Good for u Memotronic. Btw, I always wonder how is the gas over there in UAE? must be dirt cheap, or is it free??? haha....

Bunbun.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Oct 21 2004, 05:55 PM
He is going to do it if he wants.? Nothing you can say will change it.? I say let them do it.? I hope an accident never comes to them but if it does an investigation will prove them at fault and they will then pay the penalty, hopefulyy not the ultimate penalty.? But he also said he uses them to pull from the garage and park outside.
[snapback]47766[/snapback]
i think he forgot about the "blackbox". they'll find out he didn't wear his seatbelt if something happens .

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 21 2004, 06:31 PM
It's like the helmet law in Hawaii, or a lack of I should say.? Motorcycle ridres are not required to wear a helmet in hawaii (right Alohalc?).

I also thought about this as a resolution.? Sometimes it's not that u dont wear your seat belt, it's when someone got off the seat, u drive off, and the computer somehow still thinks someone is on the seat and start chime-ing.? While youre still driving, it is difficult to reach over for the seat belf and buckle it.

Good for u Memotronic.? Btw, I always wonder how is the gas over there in UAE? must be dirt cheap, or is it free??? haha....

Bunbun.
[snapback]47773[/snapback]
i'm not 100% sure about the helmet law here before but i think it's required now. but i still see many motorcyclists don't wear their helmets and drive over 100 mph . i have a friend riding on his motorcycle one night. he was trying to run the yellow light and flew into a canal (ala wai) ! lucky he had his helmet on but still broke his hip .
Old 10-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Bunbun,

The seat belt clip was shown in the driver's side seat belt, not the passenger. There is no seat sensor in the driver's side seat. Only a seat belt buckle switch which is used to see if the driver is belted. If the key is in the ignition, and especially if the car is in drive or reverse, the seat belt minder is going to chime.

As for helmet laws, I find it ironic that in Indiana and Texas, there is not a helmet law, but there is a seatbelt law that is enforced, and they can write you a ticket for it. I personally believe that everyone should wear a seatbelt and a helmet (not at the same time unless on the track), this is just common sense to me, but if you don't want to wear one so be it. I have a good friend who doesn't wear a seatbelt or a helmet...so far, so good. We are all responsible for our selves and our actions, I don't think the law should require us to wear a seatbelt or a helmet. I think they should mandate the proper protection in cars (which they do), and then it is up to the individual whether or not he/she uses that protection which is provided.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

By the way, for those not wearing your seatbelts, if BMW could not install the seatbelts or airbags or sensing units, you could probably get another 3 to 4 thousand off of your cars!

Even though some don't use it...you are definately paying for it.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Oct 21 2004, 10:53 PM
By the way, for those not wearing your seatbelts, if BMW could not install the seatbelts or airbags or sensing units, you could probably get another 3 to 4 thousand off of your cars!
[snapback]47793[/snapback]
In the US we pay it right back in emergency and long term medical care for those who are injured (not killed) by not wearing a seat belt.

Actually, we lose the Social Security contributions also because a dead person can't work.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 21 2004, 09:01 PM
Memo lives in the middle east.? Its not mandatory to wear a seat belt,? nor is it cool. This is the sad part about many third/middle world countries,? if the law cannot be enforced,? the public won't buckle up and those that do are considered wimps.? Stupid,? I know.?

Wearing a seat belt is a habit.? Once you start you feel uncomfortable when you are not buckled up.

Wear the belt!? It has saved me from serious injury or maybe even my life.? You never know what might have happened if you weren't strapped at even a 25mph impact.
[snapback]47756[/snapback]

Hormazd you are right about the environment in Middle east or third world.... I can't say there is no law,but no body follow the rules. we need to educate all nationalities who live in UAE, speacially the big part of uneducated labor which comes mostly from asia counties. Although Dubai police is considered to be one of best in the arab countries " at least" ,but they alone can't fine everyone who don't wear seat belt ??? any way many other factors must work together to reach the level of """ developed countries """ such as USA ...

our acts depends on the environment we are in.. so may be in the future you come to the UAE .. and you may leave the habit of wearing seat betl ??

For me I am wearing seat belt when I am in the highway ... I am not going fast in city .. thus I don't feel danger ... no need to warry about me ..
Old 10-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 21 2004, 11:40 PM
What kind of flowers do you guys prefer?
[snapback]47705[/snapback]
Precisely, JDN. This issue gets right on my tits. I just hope the non seat belt wearers don't have family that rely on them. Selfish &^%&^%^&

Quick Reply: Seat belt chime " Game Over "