E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seat belt chime " Game Over "

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[snapback]47773[/snapback]
[/quote]
i'm not 100% sure about the helmet law here before but i think it's required now. but i still see many motorcyclists don't wear their helmets and drive over 100 mph . i have a friend riding on his motorcycle one night. he was trying to run the yellow light and flew into a canal (ala wai) ! lucky he had his helmet on but still broke his hip .
[snapback]47788[/snapback]
[/quote]

OMG !!! He flew into the Ala Wai !? ouch !! and yuck too, that water.....bleh. Btw, is the re construction(?) of the Ala Wai done? Last I heard the gov't is gonna fancy up the side walk and will temporarily pull all the meter parking along Ala Wai blvd, dam that'll make parking worse.

BTW. did his accident happen at the McCully/Ala Wai junction? I see accidents happen there all the time.

Bunbun.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Oct 21 2004, 08:26 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 21 2004, 09:01 PM']BTW the driving in the garage bit is BS.?? The first chime goes away immediately.? The repetitive chime starts later,? its either speed or time dependent,? i.e either after you hit 15mph or have been driving for 2 or 3 minutes.? I think its the latter.
[snapback]47756[/snapback]
Not necessarily true. It depends on what software version you have. Currently, our binging comes on as soon as you start the car, even before it is out of neutral (6 spd). So you have to put your seatbelt on even before you turn the key, which, even though I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, is INCREDIBLY annoying. I like to get in, get settled, fix my coat, check my mirrors, etc... before I put my seatbelt on. The binging method has changed with each software version.
[snapback]47761[/snapback]
[/quote]

Interesting, I have Software V13.2. The binging starts imediately as you describe, one or two chimes. Then goes away. A large warning is on the dash and a message on the I-drive screen that stays there. Then about 2 minutes of driving later a repetitive chime starts until you buckle up.

I like this system, I hope the next software update doesn't change it.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Memotronic' date='Oct 22 2004, 02:43 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 21 2004, 09:01 PM']
Memo lives in the middle east.? Its not mandatory to wear a seat belt,? nor is it cool. This is the sad part about many third/middle world countries,? if the law cannot be enforced,? the public won't buckle up and those that do are considered wimps.?? Stupid,? I know.?

Wearing a seat belt is a habit.? Once you start you feel uncomfortable when you are not buckled up.

Wear the belt!? It has saved me from serious injury or maybe even my life.? You never know what might have happened if you weren't strapped at even a 25mph impact.
[snapback]47756[/snapback]

Hormazd you are right about the environment in Middle east or third world.... I can't say there is no law,but no body follow the rules. we need to educate all nationalities who live in UAE, speacially the big part of uneducated labor which comes mostly from asia counties. Although Dubai police is considered to be one of best in the arab countries " at least" ,but they alone can't fine everyone who don't wear seat belt ??? any way many other factors must work together to reach the level of """ developed countries """ such as USA ...

our acts depends on the environment we are in.. so may be in the future you come to the UAE .. and you may leave the habit of wearing seat betl ??

For me I am wearing seat belt when I am in the highway ... I am not going fast in city .. thus I don't feel danger ... no need to warry about me ..
[snapback]47842[/snapback]
[/quote]

I do vist the third world and even though most people don't, I still buckle up. It is exactly this madness that will hurt you. You wear it on the highway but not in the city? Well the probability of an accident in the city is much greater. And yes you do exceed 40MPH which is enough to kill you. Look at the crash video/DVD that came with your car and imagine what would have happened to the dummy if he was not strapped.

I rest my case! No more posts from me on this topic.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Contributors

So how come the X3 doesn't have a chime then?
Old 10-22-2004, 07:26 AM
JDN
Contributors

'Cause it has a li'l' beep.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Mine doesn't. Just a little light..
Old 10-22-2004, 07:30 AM
Contributors

And the other thing; if you guys always bucle up, hopw come you know there's a chime? Or a beep.

Ha!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

The seatbelt is a useful tool, and extremely important.

Some years ago in our preivous VW Polo, someone rear-ended our car while we were coming to a stop on an icy road. I was in the passenger seat, and my head hit the dashboard, and hadn't it been for the seatbelt absorbing a lot of force, I would most definitely have been left with quite more severe injuries than a black eye

Driving without wearing a seatbelt nearly qualifies to a Darwin Award..
Old 10-22-2004, 08:26 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 22 2004, 10:30 AM
Ha!
[snapback]47892[/snapback]
Ha!
Old 10-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Members

and Now I am the happiest ... No more noise, warrning ..

Quick Reply: Seat belt chime " Game Over "