E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt chime " Game Over "

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

BEFORE I used to suffer from seat belt chime ... I went to my dealer and asked them if they can disable it but, they answer me saying ??? this is a safety feature which will never be disabled by BMW ?????

THEN I said in my mind ... I know it is a safety feature but it is annoying me ???? sometimes when I want to come out from a parking or home garage ... then it is annoying me and taking my attention and facus ???

NOW it is Game Over for seat belt chime ... and here is the way ...
buy a second hand seat belt
Seat belt chime " Game Over "-step_1.jpg

Seat belt chime " Game Over "-step_2.jpg

Seat belt chime " Game Over "-step_3.jpg

Seat belt chime " Game Over "-step_4.jpg
Old 10-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

Thats what i was thinking of doing. Are there any future service updates that will disable the chime?
Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Members

Where did you buy them from?I would love to get rid of it too....sometimes the chime gets on my nerves!
Old 10-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

memotronic, i hope you use it only for in and out of your garage. make sure you wear your seatbelt when you drive on the street. things will happen, who knows ?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:40 PM
JDN
Contributors

What kind of flowers do you guys prefer?
Old 10-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Momotronic,

You need to bring it to dealer to reprogram the i-drive to accept the new dummy buckles
Old 10-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

My husband just pulls the seatbelt from the back seat and plugs it into the front seat. It drives me nuts-- I want him to wear his seatbelt all the time.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

memo, E60525d and abias, Next time you guys renew your drivers license don't forget to check that box next to the words ORGAN DONOR. I'm not talking about giving away piano's either.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Contributors

am i missing something?

What is the use of disabling the DING DING that way? How about weaing your seat bell?

Sorry I forgot, you are one of those who wait to be robbed before putting a lock.

Ladies and Gentlemen: That ding can safe your life. Disable it the proper way...wear your seat bell.

I do and hope the rest of you do.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Oct 21 2004, 07:12 PM
?? am i missing something??

What is the use of disabling the DING DING that way? How about weaing your seat bell?

Sorry I forgot, you are one of those who wait to be robbed before putting a lock.

Ladies and Gentlemen: That ding can safe your life.? Disable it the proper way...wear your seat bell. ? ?

I do and hope the rest of you do.
[snapback]47750[/snapback]
Memo lives in the middle east. Its not mandatory to wear a seat belt, nor is it cool. This is the sad part about many third/middle world countries, if the law cannot be enforced, the public won't buckle up and those that do are considered wimps. Stupid, I know.

Wearing a seat belt is a habit. Once you start you feel uncomfortable when you are not buckled up.

Wear the belt! It has saved me from serious injury or maybe even my life. You never know what might have happened if you weren't strapped at even a 25mph impact.

BTW the driving in the garage bit is BS. The first chime goes away immediately. The repetitive chime starts later, its either speed or time dependent, i.e either after you hit 15mph or have been driving for 2 or 3 minutes. I think its the latter.

Quick Reply: Seat belt chime " Game Over "