E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Search for the brightest pre-lci E60 Angel Eye?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012 | 11:37 PM
Members

Thanks for the help everybody
Old 10-03-2012 | 11:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by black360
i have the same issue as you, i tryed many many bulbs ..and you will see NONE during the day unless you go with what Nomis stated. However the bulb i found to be the brightest are these ones from ddm http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/194LED-1x3WLED-W they are meant for reverse lights but ive had success with them but they do burn out much quicker..within 5 months i'd say and here is how they look around dusk

Not bad
Looks good are they a reliable company? Can I pay them through paypal? thanks
Old 10-03-2012 | 11:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bill109
here are what i use.
they have led chips all the way around the "bulb" or housing. again useless during the day for the most part unless if it cloudy/think over cast or rainy lol

ill find a pic or snap a pic of the bulb they sell you if you'd like.

pre lci halogen are useless.
If you like that would be cool so I can compare between mine as yours do seem very bright...

I'll try put a pic up of mine installed so you can see
Old 10-04-2012 | 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Nicholast
Keep looking...

---
Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service|87748 66489 - we have everything you could ever want as far as choice and we've helped thousands of people make the correct value decision for 10+ years.
Old 10-04-2012 | 12:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

can't pay through paypal i believe and yes very reliable, never had an issue with any of there LEDS and i bought a lot of them.
Old 10-04-2012 | 02:20 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 530. Black on Black Black Grills Tint Ipod Retrofit June '10

The HID's on ebay was something I was going to try out when I had the time and money to try the HID's for Pre-LCI angel eyes. I was going to reference Zill's e39 HID set up. Looks do-able, just needs some time and money.
Old 10-05-2012 | 04:48 PM
Members

Projector60 is the route I took and worth every penny.

I did have error codes in iDrive, but Simon helped me code them out!
Old 10-05-2012 | 05:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by Blackwolffm
Projector60 is the route I took and worth every penny.

I did have error codes in iDrive, but Simon helped me code them out!
projector 60's from umnitza?
i was comtemplating this as well if they are in fact the umnitza brand. my only complaint is the small projector... lol share some pics or pm me some pics please
these pics were taken around 430 pm on a fairly over cast day. In the second pic, you can see all the light spill at the bottom of the headlight. I would go back to oem if i didnt have 6k bulbs already. The other option are orange turn signal t-10's. They don't look orange but are slightly more noticeable.
As you can seee.. they are somewhat noticeable but they dont have that lit effect like the leds give. it just looks like a ring. (Afer the sun starts to set ....) USelss during the day.

Chose a pic with the date so i can verify the time i took it.. lol

The best option for pre lci e60's is either lci ahl swap or umnitza's preojector60's or do an orion v2 install..
good luck!

Last edited by Bill109; 10-05-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2012 | 12:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bill109
projector 60's from umnitza?
i was comtemplating this as well if they are in fact the umnitza brand. my only complaint is the small projector... lol share some pics or pm me some pics please
these pics were taken around 430 pm on a fairly over cast day. In the second pic, you can see all the light spill at the bottom of the headlight. I would go back to oem if i didnt have 6k bulbs already. The other option are orange turn signal t-10's. They don't look orange but are slightly more noticeable.
As you can seee.. they are somewhat noticeable but they dont have that lit effect like the leds give. it just looks like a ring. (Afer the sun starts to set ....) USelss during the day.

Chose a pic with the date so i can verify the time i took it.. lol

The best option for pre lci e60's is either lci ahl swap or umnitza's preojector60's or do an orion v2 install..
good luck!
Thanks for your input...I am loving the front of your car, looks so clean Have you lowered it at all? Also what fog lights are you using? Are you running a decoder with them?
Old 10-07-2012 | 12:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Thanks for your input...I am loving the front of your car, looks so clean Have you lowered it at all? Also what fog lights are you using? Are you running a decoder with them?
thank you! i think the oem grills keep it looking clean. however i am going to end up swapping out the chrome for gloss black oem kidney grilles!
The car is not lowered. The fogs i am using are from umnitza. they are from the canbus line
Factory Canbus Xenon Replacement System (Choose Model) [931179-01] - $95.99 : Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service|87748 66489
9006 bulb application with 6000k color. I actually grabbed the fogs off my e39 and put them in the e60.
if you can help it, install them before you put on the bumper because the headlight washer reservoir is in the way. I had to gently pry the reservoir away to fit the bulb in.

Quick Reply: Search for the brightest pre-lci E60 Angel Eye?