E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SatNav POI's (speedcamera) idrive v25+

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D 2006 - Media Package, M-tec Kit, Lighting package, extended lights, Leather seats, Auto High beam. Carbon Black, with black leather.

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum, and made the DVD with the POI's but im having problems.

I've got a 520d june 2006, and just had the software updated a few days ago (newer interface, faster, and different colours) anyway, when i try to load the speed camers part, i get the message "there was no criteria matching your request". Now i dont know if did something wrong or if the software update has now made this incompatible.
(Also with the software update, you set a limit on how far you want it to search the area - look at this thread for pictures of the new layout.

Any help would be useful

Also when i first put the dvd in to the car it said the dvd doesnt not work, but after i put it in again it loaded fine, just very slowly.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 520D 2006 - Media Package, M-tec Kit, Lighting package, extended lights, Leather seats, Auto High beam. Carbon Black, with black leather.

ok i've got it working now, its seems that the ENG file had to be slightly changed (2 numbers)

but what i have noticed is that the DVD is much slower than the orignal dvd, and the idrive hangs (lagging) with the mod DVD.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by biggun' post='413884' date='Apr 15 2007, 09:56 AM
but what i have noticed is that the DVD is much slower than the orignal dvd, and the idrive hangs (lagging) with the mod DVD.
Since the new version of Progman seems to have a positive impact on the iDrive speed, it could be that your burnt DVD is slowing down the works. Would compare against original and please report in.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Members

after more tests,

The burnt dvd is 100% causing the system to hang. What i have noticed is that the first you use the climate controls lets say for example, they will hang but become faster the more times you access it. But no matter how many times you access it, its never as fast at the original dvd.

Im using the world cup edition of the satnav, on a dvd+r. burnt at 4x (files setup using ultraISO, DVD decoder). Also putting in a dvd-r seems to make things much worse, even the sound that the dvd drive makes is very bad.

Could someone else test it to see if its just my car or a new problem (if needed i can send the files but webspace will be needed)

On a different note, i've noticed that my nav system is no longer allowing me to input postcode, which i could when i first got the car?